PDA

View Full Version : KK in BB

GAL
05-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Prima 1/2 NL 10 seat
I have just sat down and won $100 in my first hand after check raising the original raiser on a all rag flop holding JJ he declares QQ and folds?. The very next hand I am dealt KK in the BB.UTG+1 raises it to $10, I have $309 and he has me covered, the whole table folds round to me. I suspect he has either AK, JJ, QQ or the dreaded AA and decide to call and make a big bet on the flop as long as an ace doesn't come, if an ace does come however I would make a bet of about 3/4 of the pot to see where I am.

Flop is; 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif pot $22

I lead into the raiser for $30, he flat calls

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif pot$88

I bet $90 here and he flat calls, now I know he doesn't have AK and I'm really starting to think AA.pot $268

Thoughts please, I have been playing poker for about 2 years and make the bulk of my money from MTT and PLO, I am a consistent winner at 50/1 HE and have only moved up to 1/2 after reading the NLHE section in SS2, I find that following the advice in SS2 and sitting back and scoring on your big hands is enough to get the money at this level in a ring game, however I am having trouble with the aggressive play of straight draws when played as described in SS2 as most 1/2 players will not fold an overpair to a reraise, checkraise or push, does anyone else use this or another strategy to good effect?