PDA

View Full Version : those wanting to invest

KaneKungFu123
05-19-2005, 04:16 AM
a guy today told me a great way to invest some money is to open up a take away hole in the wall food stand in a good location, like near a school or a factory and then you can just open once or twice a day to hit the lunch crowd and closing crowd in evening. just start by selling hot dogs, soda, chips then can start with sandwiches, burgers, fries, onion rings... whatever.... just really inexpensive, low overhead...

just an idea.

you can search online for ovens and all the industrial tools needed. jsut a thought, maybe more EV to do this with your 5K then invest.

eric5148
05-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Or sell cocaine.

eastbay
05-19-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or sell cocaine.

[/ QUOTE ]

After all, the bottom line is king, you know.

BTW, I don't know how many times I've heard the "get rich running a hotdog stand" angle, btw. It sounds like an urban legend to me.

eastbay

Voltron87
05-19-2005, 09:39 PM
diversify your bonds, nigga.

KaneKungFu123
05-19-2005, 11:29 PM
i dont think you'd get rich, but if you do it in a bad neighborhood, that shitty greasy food will sell like candy.
i remember when i was little, there was this park and factory adjacent to it. and there would always be a huge line waiting to eat from this nasty little hole in the wall that my mom would say wasnt clean enough to eat.

buttom line = poor people love junk food.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or sell cocaine.

[/ QUOTE ]

After all, the bottom line is king, you know.

BTW, I don't know how many times I've heard the "get rich running a hotdog stand" angle, btw. It sounds like an urban legend to me.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

inishowen
05-20-2005, 12:57 AM
At my local Home Depot a guy sets up his dog stand just outside the parking lot. Sells "2 bite" dogs for $2, chips for $1 and soda for $1. Every pick up truck in the lot stops on the way out (including me). The guy works the warm weather months and spends the winter golfing in FLA. Find a chick with big boobs and willing to wear a bikini top and even the office guys picking up grass seed will stop.

Rob Blackburn
05-20-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At my local Home Depot a guy sets up his dog stand just outside the parking lot. Sells "2 bite" dogs for $2, chips for $1 and soda for $1. Every pick up truck in the lot stops on the way out (including me). The guy works the warm weather months and spends the winter golfing in FLA. Find a chick with big boobs and willing to wear a bikini top and even the office guys picking up grass seed will stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they have these at every Home Depot, I wonder if its actually independently run or is actually a HD enterprise.

Another idea on that concept is the chowwagon concept.I know a guy that started this way, he just ran a single wagon solo, he built up over a few years and basically oversees the operation now, he has 12 wagons and like 18 employees.

The whole thing is you can make a mint in a hotdog stand or pizza by the slice kinda thing, but the [censored] is hard work literally. Even if you get it running with other people that are reliable, you still have to be on top of it 24-7, because people will steal from you. It is never a matter of if, but when.

I still really like the coin-op car wash idea someone posted awhile back, I have been doing alot of research into it, I'm thinking of giving it a try.

RobertHunter
05-23-2005, 11:27 AM
The people that have hot dog stands at the Home Depot's are all sole proprietors that have secured a contract with Home Depot(I know the person who has the contract at my local HD).They are required to be there every day but they do make a good living.Depending on where you live another great biz op you might want to look into is a self-service ice house.It does not require a big piece of property and requires no employees.