PDA

View Full Version : flopped da low flush

irishpint
05-19-2005, 03:48 AM
so with a hand like this i kinda want to hit the flush on the turn or river, since a 4th spade would be TERRIBLE. anyway, it gets capped on the flop (i help!) but then FOR SOME REASON (right? wrong?) i decide to check/call the turn and river, since i figure i'm either dead to a bigger flush or way ahead of anything else. well i was wrong, so being a pussy saved me a few bucks- but that doesn't mean it's the right play. how do you play this? the flop betting could be done by- 2 pair playing fast with odds to a boat. a set playing fast with odds to a boat. a completed flush higher than mine. the A or K of spades looking to hit another spade. so i decide to stop putting $ into this sucker.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

River: (15 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB

milesdyson
05-19-2005, 04:01 AM
Bet the turn. MP3 would play the same with:

A/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ, maybe A/images/graemlins/spade.gif9
JJ
T8

Maybe even Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifT (he would take a free turn though).

So bet the turn - if you're raised again, calling down is okay from there. The great thing is that he'll raise with some of those hands on the turn and get some more bets out of lone high /images/graemlins/spade.gifs for you.

detruncate
05-19-2005, 04:05 AM
Lead the turn. If he raises, you can slow down against most players.

irishpint
05-19-2005, 04:07 AM
would u ever fold this hand? i would say no. but then again, i see 36% of show downs, winning a measly 48%

milesdyson
05-19-2005, 04:14 AM
If another spade drops and you have to call two, that's an easy fold.

detruncate
05-19-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
would u ever fold this hand? i would say no. but then again, i see 36% of show downs, winning a measly 48%

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't start to think about it until another spade fell. Flush over flush is rare. He's trying to suggest that he has it, but he might also be over-playing a hand to "charge your flush draw", flat out bluffing, or pumping his own flush draw (maybe with a pair to go along with it). Folding the turn or river in this hand would be bad.

Schwartzy61
05-19-2005, 07:03 AM
I like the bet/call, check/call line in this scenario...

As others have mentioned with good reasoning, so I thought I'd add one to the post count while concurring with their analysis...