PDA

View Full Version : bet/3-betting the turn with top two

wrto4556
05-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Button is a straight forward player.
BB is very loose preflop and passive postflop.

5/10 (4 handed)

Preflop: I get delt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif,T /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB
CO folds, Button raises, I call, BB calls.

Flop: (4sb)K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,T /images/graemlins/club.gif,9 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
I check, BB checks, Button bets, I raise, BB folds, CO 3-bets, I call.

Turn: (5.25BB)3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
I bet, CO raises, I 3-bet, CO caps.

River: (13.26BB) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, CO bets, I call.

How bad is the postflop play?

mistrpug
05-19-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button is a straight forward player.
BB is very loose preflop and passive postflop.

5/10 (4 handed)

Preflop: I get delt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif,T /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB
CO folds, Button raises, I call, BB calls.

Flop: (4sb)K /images/graemlins/heart.gif,T /images/graemlins/club.gif,9 /images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
I check, BB checks, Button bets, I raise, BB folds, CO 3-bets, I call.

Turn: (5.25BB)3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)
I bet, CO raises, I 3-bet, CO caps.

River: (13.26BB) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, CO bets, I call.

How bad is the postflop play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold the flop. CO is showing a lot of strength 3-betting the flop after folding preflop.

Seriosuly though, assumimg the postflop "CO" is actually the button, I think you have to call down after the turn raise. Smells like QJ.

lastcoyote
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
I've become very trained to respect the turn C/R of your average passive player especially when the turn card is an ABSOLUTE BRICK. If the board was a bit more raggety and a non-flush A hit I would not have a problem 3-betting (or calling and betting out on the river depending on my mood).

In this case though, I would call the turn, say a little prayer to the God of Four-Outers and check-call the river when I miss.