PDA

View Full Version : Standard? or bet the frickin turn you skirt wearing sissy!

slavic
05-19-2005, 03:06 AM
UTG raises about a quarter of all hands, sees around 3/4 of them and tends to play flops he gets a piece of very aggressive, passive if he gets resistance post flop. BB is terrible, Hemorrages chips, and bluffs at any sign of weakness.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

Trix
05-19-2005, 03:19 PM
bet it. there is a good chance that you are ahead and you arenīt that far behind anyway if behind.

If you check, BB autobets river and UTG calls, then you are in a pretty tough spot, since BB can have whatever and UTG may be calling him with a worse ace, itīs just hard to overcall A-high, given that they may have a worse hand.

If you make your get to showdown bet on the turn it will usually cost less as you can improve at that point.

BabyJesus
05-19-2005, 03:50 PM
I would play it the same. Take the free card, BB cold called a 3 bet then called you on the flop, smells like a pocket pair to me. Probably 77-99 or something, he could also have QJs or KQ. Take the free card, if you improve I would throw in a raise if bet into.

I can see betting if UTG is your only caller, but with BB calling preflop and flop again, I would slow down and try to improve for free.

All in all, standard.