PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this hand?

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Villain is 80/4/0.91, yet I have seen him raise/CR the flop and turn on bluffs in previous hands. Also he hates me, as this is the previous 2 hands I took big pots off him. The hatred is what provokes the flop CR vs this statistically passive player.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 02:13 AM
Hmm, seeing this hand in print has me thinking. If I'm Villain I probably raise the flop with 9T, K8, etc. I dunno if I like my play. thanks for your help.

Justin A
05-19-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, seeing this hand in print has me thinking. If I'm Villain I probably raise the flop with 9T, K8, etc. I dunno if I like my play. thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post a reply at first because I wasn't sure about the turn play. I think you played the flop and the river just fine.

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post a reply at first because I wasn't sure about the turn play. I think you played the flop and the river just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool, thanks.

balkii
05-19-2005, 04:15 AM
i play it the same.

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 07:46 AM
don't you think i risk being 3-bet or at least being behind for 2bb on the river? Im not sure but what hands do you think raise me on the flop but dont get there by the river?

Roy6
05-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Maybe you can donkbet the river and not risk being 3-bet.
I'm sure even A high will call a donkbet on the river in HU situations like that.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't you think i risk being 3-bet or at least being behind for 2bb on the river? Im not sure but what hands do you think raise me on the flop but dont get there by the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are sweating to much. There are like 8 million more hands that playt he flop this way than t9 and K8.

Given the read he hates you and is liable to play back at you with a wider range of hands (if this is ure read), then you played the hand perfect. Esepcially the turn, hes not taking the free card in this situation, let him bet it for you. If he does have top pair you save bets as he will surely raise again, and if he doesnt, it doesnt matter cuz hes betting it anyway.

Guy McSucker
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what hands do you think raise me on the flop but dont get there by the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything with a Jack in it, for starters.

Guy.

SomethingClever
05-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Given your read, I like. Normally I bet the flop.

pheasant tail (no 18)
05-19-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't know how many hands you have on this player, but based on his stats it looks like he has AJ or TJ. Were the hands that you won showndown?

Sure he wants to beat your as s, but it looks like he has a good hand. Since he is so passive and likes to call call call, I doubt that he'd raise a turn bet w/o being able to beat a K. If you lead and he raises you can fold I think. He might just fold since he is sick of being owned by Buster and is sure that he is drawn out on. I think against this player that if you lead the turn and he calls w/ AJ and you check the river there is often a free showdown when a brick drops.

But you were there and it is your impression that he was gonna jam the pot regardless. Right?

Just a thought,

BTW, I'm not so sure that you get called on your river raise on this board by a worse hand nearly as much as by a better one and I hate to fold when reraised.

PT

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given your read, I like. Normally I bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I do too.