PDA

View Full Version : Getting back in the swing...

DeadMoneyOC
05-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Started playing again this week...tell me what you would have done. Just sat down so no reads on anyone...

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls

4th Street - (5.70 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street - (5.35 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

6th Street - (9.35 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

River - (12.35 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___raises
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___folds

Total pot: (16.35 BB)

Thoughts? I didnt really feel comfortable on any street...Help!

templar999
05-19-2005, 02:34 AM
deadmoney,

a raise on fourth to clear the riff raff and get you heads-up with the K5 is something i would do frequently.

not too sure about calling on fifth with a draw to an 8/6 low and little possibility for high with 3 more to act. after that, might as well stick out the river.

respectfully,
temp

mscags
05-19-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm thinking about folding fourth since it appears that you aren't drawing to the best low, but since you called I would definitely jump ship on fifth. You're almost certain to be drawing to half the pot and even if you do hit your low you're not guaranteed for it to be good.

DeadMoneyOC
05-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Drawing to stupid 8s have always been one of my downfalls. One the end I thought the guy who had a 754x board made a seven so I folded. I would have won the low so that made me second guess my calling station tendencies. As much as I would like to take one card off on 4th I think I should probably fold next time before I start to feel attached to the pot, and it is clear that most of the time I am going to be behind for half the pot. Its just sooo tempting...

Andy B
05-20-2005, 03:20 AM
Third is fine. Fourth is interesting. It all depends on the standards of the other guy with a Six. If he's the sort that will limp in with a lot of hands, go ahead and call one bet and see what happens. If he is the sort that will raise coming in with a three-card Six, then you can figure that that isn't what he started with and hope that you have the best low draw. If he's a good player, then he either has a better four-card low than you or the Seven paired him. You probably wouldn't be giving up much if anything if you ditched on fourth, especially considering that you were uncomfortable the rest of the hand, but I usually take one off.

Fifth, fine. Nice to see the other low hand fold. Sixth fine. The river is an uncomfortable spot. If it's only two bets, you're getting about 3:1, in which case you need to be good less than 25% of the time, and I think you're a little better than that. If it ends up capped, you're getting about 3:2, so you need to be good a little less than 40% of the time, which is less promising. My general experience with smaller stud/8 games is that people don't have any idea what they have, and tend to get skeered and just call when they should jam. And then there are the guys who jam when they should fold, bless them. Anyway, I think I pay it off here, but if you've ever seen me play, I pay off too much.