PDA

View Full Version : $11R hand, below average stack, 3rd hour... anyone hate this?

Jurollo
05-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Considering his lack of strength preflop I think I am at worst up against a weak ace, and they might fold, I thought there was a decent chance I could get them to fold, if now I still had 13 outs, anyone hate this play?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t8824)
SB (t15231)
BB (t14857)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t14015)</font>
UTG+1 (t38075)
<font color="#C00000">MP1 (t20563)</font>
MP2 (t32868)
MP3 (t33220)
CO (t21340)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls t800, <font color="#666666">[i]1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t800, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t800, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t4000) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t4800</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t13165</font>, MP1 calls t8365.

Turn: (t30330) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t30330) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t30330

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jh Th (one pair, aces).
MP1 has 9s As (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: MP1 wins t30330. </font>

tiger7210
05-19-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm not overly fond of the PF limp from UTG with JTs. As much as I hate miniraisng, I think even a miniraise is better as it allows you to represent someting on the flop.

I think if you decided you were going to the felt with this I would have led the flop and then based onwhat villain does is how i proceed.

If he flat calls and you think he folds a weak ace then push the turn if you don't make your hand. If he reraises you can get away right here instead of calling all your chips off on a draw.

The real problem comes from limping UTG with a drawing hand that you are going to have to play out of position.

Jurollo
05-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Well in mid tournies I like limping in EP with hands like this, it allows me to c/r a flop I hit, and represent any 2 cards I want on a raggedy flop, I got hit hard with this flop and in the end should have gotten a weak ace to fold here. Probably not the best line, but I thought for sure he was folding it up with A9-A2.
~Justin

tiger7210
05-19-2005, 02:30 AM
If I was villain in this hand, I'm calling you with any Ace on that baord in an unraised pot. I would be more inclinded to fold Ax if the flop was A rag rag where I may be concerned he limped and caught a set or limped with a weak suited Ace and caught 2 pair.

To me your c/r push seems more like a push on a draw more so than a made hand.

That's why I like leading on the flop and then even if he makes a miniraise you can now reraise all in since your lead then reraise all in may not be viewed as a draw and he may be more inclinded to lay down a weak Ace. Then again some villains don't care about their kicker so that becomes very read dependent.

If you get flat called and hit your draw you can actually get value from it as its harder to put you on the draw leading out on that flop.

Jurollo
05-19-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If I was villain in this hand, I'm calling you with any Ace on that baord in an unraised pot. I would be more inclinded to fold Ax if the flop was A rag rag where I may be concerned he limped and caught a set or limped with a weak suited Ace and caught 2 pair.

To me your c/r push seems more like a push on a draw more so than a made hand.

That's why I like leading on the flop and then even if he makes a miniraise you can now reraise all in since your lead then reraise all in may not be viewed as a draw and he may be more inclinded to lay down a weak Ace. Then again some villains don't care about their kicker so that becomes very read dependent.

If you get flat called and hit your draw you can actually get value from it as its harder to put you on the draw leading out on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your line is much better, thank you for the input tiger. Kid's still learning, although, besides a few bad plays here and there my tourney game has come leaps and bounds in the past few months, just in time for the WSOP.
~Justin