PDA

View Full Version : Pot Limit HiLo Omaha Info Wanted

RiverJohn
12-06-2002, 04:27 AM
I have Ciaffone/Rueben's PL/NL book, as well as Ciaffone's Omaha Book and Ray Zee's Hilo split book. I also have Ciaffone's Improve Your Poker.

While these are all great books, none of them goes into much depth for Pot Limit HiLo Omaha.

Where can I find more info on this game? Specifically, I wish to find tips on which cards to play preflop. I currently play very tight in late position and tighter in earlier positions and I am doing fine profit-wise.

But I still don't know how to play the game! If I knew how to play, I could do much better.

I could also use advice for play on the flop.

Greg (FossilMan)
12-06-2002, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure there isn't any other book out there on this subject, at least not anything of much value. The game is pretty rare, in fact almost unheard of, in the real world, and not really that popular online (as a percentage of all games played). I doubt there's enough market to justify writing a book just on this game.

If you do find something good, please tell us about it.

Thanks, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Phat Mack
12-07-2002, 04:10 PM
There was an interesting discussion about PLO 8 on RGP a while back. I was unable to post a URL for it, but you can reach it via Google by searching RGP for GCA Pot Limit Omaha, or by cuttting and pasting

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pot+limit+omaha+GCA&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=20021015214231.02066.00002760%40mb-fc.aol.com&rnum=1

The game is very popular in some areas.

RiverJohn
12-08-2002, 04:12 PM
ThanX! That was good information.