PDA

View Full Version : AQ and your turn strategy on an UGLY board?

MAxx
05-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Reads: perhaps not ultra important, but here they are. MP is Pretty LAG preflop and has not only a wide range of openers, but some of them are fairly odd. His pf stats are 38/20. MP can be over aggressive on the flop, but he can find folds against anyone at the table showing aggression with the exception of when he is heads up with CO. He also chills on the late streets without the goods.

CO is 70/17 pf and will try and steal blinds with almost any 2. He is the closest thing that I have seen to what I would label an pf auto cold-caller. He willmake odd raises at any point heads up and almost always sees the river. At the river he will fold most everything worse than Ahigh.

My question is what is your plan on the turn?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="blue"> Hero... </font>

jman220
05-19-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (8 BB) 8 (4 players)
SB checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopes that they are all on the flush draw, bets, and folds to a raise? Or maybe just check/folds?

wrto4556
05-19-2005, 02:12 AM
bet/folds

MAxx
05-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Hero... bets, MP raises, CO threebets, sb folds, hero folds, MP calls. River goes check-call.

Both MP and CO have T7s for the straight.

At the time I liked the bet/fold, but immediately after i was thinking that a check/fold may have been a better option... such as when a bet and a raise occurs behind my check. That would save me a BB.

Then I thought if there was a bet and a call behind my turn check, then the same action may occur on River and I lose 2BBs... instead of my 1BB from my turn bet/fold. That maybe to presumptious that someone has a T, though.

I suppose I will continue to bet/fold here.

Roy6
05-19-2005, 09:39 AM
You must bet here. If they smell weakness from you they will go mad with any 2, raising and reraising eachother to shut you out.

stripsqueez
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
i think this fits into the simple mantra - always bet the turn when you know what to do when raised - nearly all of the time i know fold is right when raised on this hand

stripsqueez - chickenhawk