PDA

View Full Version : Finally took a beating.BUDDY LIST ADD ON!!!

winky51
05-19-2005, 12:40 AM
One "idiot" and yes this is the key word here busted me 3 times with trash. NL $100

"acesinsleeves" put him on your buddy list. I want to kill him yet love him for the next time. Because I want to play him over and over where his luck runs out.

He calls raises of $8 with J2o.

Calls preflop raise then reraise from 2 other players of $15 with QTo.

He proceeded to hits trip Ts vs the other 2 players AA and KK. Wins $260.

Overall played about 500 hands with 7 hands in $100+ pots getting bad beat by 3 outers. I hate luck,

The players at the 2 tables I was playing at NL $100 saw me getting bad beat several hands in a row so the kept calling me more and more, so I kept raising more and more to make them pay more, but they kept hitting their crap hands. -$350. Surprized I didn't lose more.

wall_st
05-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Have you considered the fact that you may have been on tilt and that your opponents may have held the correct implied odds to hit their weak draws ?

I play the same level as you and oftentimes just because someone is a lag pre flop does not mean that they are a bad player. It has been said many times in this forum that it is possible to play uber lag pre flop but play very well post flop and still have a good expectation (with very high variance).

I am not trying to insult you, or say that this guy was a good player (because I don't know) but 3.5 buyins is quite a bit to go through at one table. I know that when I have lost that much it is usually because of other reasons that do not have to do with the cards.

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Kinda immature to drop his name.

JaBlue
05-19-2005, 08:25 AM
putting this guy's handle here is a big etiquette nono.

It's also pretty [censored] stupid.

Skjonne
05-19-2005, 08:26 AM
Please remember to put "(NC)" in the title next time you post something like this

-Skeme-
05-19-2005, 08:29 AM
BUDDY LIST ADD ON!!! is pretty much the same as NC disclaimer.

Skjonne
05-19-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BUDDY LIST ADD ON!!! is pretty much the same as NC disclaimer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken

BZ_Zorro
05-19-2005, 08:49 AM
Just had this hand, thought I'd post it to annoy you.

BTW did you consider he might be a professional player who was mixing it up? Perhaps one of your fellow 2+2ers? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe the "Implied Tilt Odds" made this a +EV play?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($57.75)
BB ($100)
UTG ($272.35)
Hero ($89)
MP1 ($94.9)
MP2 ($251.53)
MP3 ($126.4)
CO ($39.3)
Button ($84.62)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls $7, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $6.

Flop: ($22.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets $82 (All-In), MP1 calls $87.90 (All-In), Button folds.

Turn: ($192.40) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($192.40) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $192.40

Hero has Jh 9h (two pair, jacks and nines).
MP1 has Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $186.50. MP1 wins $5.90.

This guy tilted too, it was beautiful to watch.

Comments on any street welcome /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

snappo
05-19-2005, 10:34 AM
You have a lot to learn.

winky51
05-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Well to answer this one there were 2 pots I did play bad and lost about $150 when I should have folded and I knew it, just played like a bonehead. Odds were too much that they had me beat. So yes that amount was tilt.

As for the bad player. yes he did display better postflop play despite his rediculous preflop play. Although he only thinks on one level. Example you raise PF he assumes AK, flop comes AJ2, he will call down with his J2 2 pair not realizing maybe that the opponent has AA, AJ, or JJ raising a little once on the turn then calling down.

Incententally this was the one hand he beat me. Flop I bet he raises a little, I reraise, he calls. check, I bet the turn with a blank, he calls. Check, check the river. I see players raise with any ace in this situation so I thought I made the right play on the flop and turn. I suspected he hit his 2 pair on the turn when he called.

Basically that was the same situations for all my hands with him.

Another hand. I raise with KK $8 to clear the 5 callers. He calls. Flop comes A84. I bet 2/3 pot, he thinks, calls. I bet 2/3 flop on turn with blank, he calls. Check check river. He shows A7o. I mean can I stop betting everytime an ace comes on the flop when I dont hold one vs 1 player? This allows other players to bluff at me?

Now I am going to seek this player out. if he limps or is in the BB he calls a raise upto $10. This is NL100 $.50/$1. Then seems to raise 2 pair or better on flop doubling your bet, call draws, and calls down with TP crap kicker, never folding. Now I know how to play against this fool. He bad beat me 4 of my 7 times. very annoying but what can you do.

winky51
05-19-2005, 10:43 PM
I think the preflop call was bad. if he raised to $3 or $4 I can see it but $7? Fine your getting 13:1 (his $94) on his stack if you hit and he is stupid enough to call an all in and not redraw on you AND you have to hit 2 pair or better or a pair and big draw to pull this off 33:1 (trips/2 pair) I think and not sure on pair + draw. In this situation he can catch 5 outs on the flop and 8 outs on the turn +1.5 outs for the backdor straight.

So if this player is the all in kinda guy with AA then sure. But if he is typical then no I dont call. You got lucky. Repeat this play 100 times and its a -EV unless he calls your all in everytime.

Well my opinion.

winky51
05-19-2005, 10:55 PM
professional my ass he was. yes I have a lot to learn. But I am alrady ahead +$700 in NL with about 3000 hands.

Well maybe I think too much and am overthinking my opponents when simple play is easier.

EXAMPLE: when the named above (5 total limpers in pot) called my $8 raise in position with A7o I asked him why after the hand was over. He said "I figured you for a small pair". Well thats level 1 thinking. This player raised so much he wants people to fold. So he probably has a small pair. I will call with my A7o.

Of the guy that calls down with A high (A7s on a all low card flop no draws. When he loses on the end to AK no pair his reason to call down is "I thought you were bluffing"

Well the logic behind this simple thinking is... if I am raising I either have a pair or a better ace so even if I have no pair, I still beat your ace.

So I have to adjust better to the simpler players. Which is where I have a problem, they just call call call always afraid of the bigger hand. And they play any hand so how can I ever put them on one.

I do better vs the weaker tricky players that think deeper. I can bluff, steal pots, know when they are bluffing and when they have a real hand.

I do know this I like NL better than limit. Less tables more money.

BTW all of you berating me for posting his name. I am sure you were all goodie goodies and didnt add him to your list. I see people talk about other players on this forum by name so why is it bad manners. BIG DEAL!

But since I don't want to upset the masses of experts and suffer their wrath I will not list any names anymore.

Lesson learned.

theredpill5
05-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Maybe this guy isn't a fish, winky. Maybe he saw how aggressive you were postflop and figured he was getting the implied odds to call QTo and J2 or something. I like to mix up my play between aggressive and semi-aggressive so people don't feel like they can hit sets on me and get paid off.

Anyway, regardless of what happened, I would have left after I lost the first buy-in. Just leave the damn game and sit out for a while and watch TV or something. No way you can play your "A" game after taking those beats. Not only that, I believe in bad seats/good seats phenomenon. You all might think I'm crazy but I believe there is something to this. If I lose a buy-in in a seat, I'm logging out and cooling down for a while and maybe quitting for the night. I did that last night, actually.

theredpill5
05-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah, you need to be able to adjust to different tables and players. More calling you get on the table postflop, less betting you need to do with ace high and less bluffing. So less calling postflop, more bluffing and betting with ace high .

I'm not saying that I can do this successfully. So far I'm good with weak tight play but I'm not great playing against 2+2'er types.

Derek in NYC
05-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Please save your bad beat stories for somebody who gives a [censored].

winky51
05-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I hate to agree but I am agreeing with you. Well I counted my frustration mistakes last night in PT and it came to $285 in mistake of the $340 I lost. Just hard to imagine back to back bad beats when your sure your ahead. I do notice the uberluck phenomenon. Usually Im on the bad end of the that statement. I have seen nights where the worst player at the table (limit) just can't lose. No matter what I have he draws out on miricles. In limit I have my 3 bad beat rule.

Course I have had (very very few) nights where I can't be beat. But I will consider that.

Funny thing is that if someone takes my $100 with a legit hand, tricky play, or hits a legit draw with odds I don't get upset. "Hey outplayed me, out drew me with a good draw, or cold calls my AK with AA and made me pay for that K on the flop" I can understand those.

Its those guys that raise UTG with a pair of 22s then the flop comes 2 of my suit + a 8 out draw. They continue playing their hand and miricle out on me. That makes me so mad yet pleased at the same time (cuz I will make money later). People calling huge raises with a pair of 3s under when there is 3 flush on the board vs 2 people just to catch the 3 high flush on the end. That makes me sick.

That QT hand was not me, 2 other players. I did vomit though. And Im sorry it was obvious what at least one of them had. So vs a definite AA or KK and probably a AK, AQ, KK, QQ, JJ the odds of QT hitting the right cards are so small he didnt get odds for $12 even with the $250 pot he won. He needed both to call all ins, which they did, and he had to hit trips 1:50 which he did. Even 2 pair wasnt safe. Not sure how that can be justified.

winky51
05-20-2005, 04:52 PM
My irony is that the worst players give me the most problems. They just call with anything and I can't put them on a hand. Some I know dont bluff and only raise when they have you beat, but some just call, call, call, call, call..... with top set, top flush, top 2 pair.

I saw a guy check behind me being last to act with the nut straight. He flopped it and just called me down then check check the river. WTF is that?

makes me nuts.

winky51
05-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I didnt ask for your god damn comment so keep it to yourself. You want to say something constructive then do so but don't be an ass.

Shoog
05-20-2005, 05:51 PM
In response to your hand KK versus vill's A7o:
1. With these big AA,KK, hands the tendency is to win small or lose big, isn't it?

2. After your preflop raise with KK, when he called your bet of c. 2/3 pot after flop Axx, shouldn't you be crediting him for Ax in the hole or better (2P)? But then you went on to bet another 2/3 pot on the turn... that was a wasted bet.

AA, KK with an unpaired board are not so strong, even if the board is mostly rags. They are just a pair!

I know the frustration you speak of, but really think back on your play. Excluding the hands that were lucky wins, what were those hands that were good money winners for you, that your remember?
I doubt they are hands that unfold like these you named above. Aren't they predominantly hands where you flop trips or two pairs, four flushes or straights that fill against players like that?

chrs

winky51
05-20-2005, 07:24 PM
hehe lets see of 480 hands

Two Pair: 2 (ones that i flopped 2 pair or got 2 pair on turn. Only once did I have KK and got 2 pair J3J flop. All small pots won less than $50

Trips: 3, twice shared trips but I had better kicker. Once they hit a flush on my trips at the turn. All trips were losers to bad beats of about $165.

Sets: 0

Straights: 1 Won $48.

Flush: 0

FH: 1 won $102

Rest were other hands I stole or all folded. most premium hands I raised got folded to. When I got called I lost 7 of 10 premium hand heads up. None of the hands were any good. Didnt even lose to a suited connector.

BIG losers
AA vs KJo, Flop KJ9 got reraise on flop. I assumed QT or KJ. No pot odds to call. I folded
KK vs A7o Flopped Ace
AJs vs A5o AA7 Turn 5 for FH
AKs vs J2o Flopped 2 pair AJ2 flop
AKs vs KJo K on flop River 2 pair
AK vs KJo K on flop, River 2 pair
AK vs A3o Ace on flop, River 3
KJs vs K2o flop KK9, River 2
River FH KKK22