PDA

View Full Version : help!

Bigbetkid
05-19-2005, 12:20 AM
no reads yet
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

benkath1
05-19-2005, 12:39 AM
Why bet the river? The only hands that will call you have you beat. I might even back off on the turn. Too many cards can beat you and you don't have a hand.

Buckmulligan
05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
River bet's really bad. I know it feels like you are going to fold better hands here, but you won't. Go ahead and check fold.

Edit: you could make an argument for betting the river if the last card is not an ace and not a diamond, as you can realistically fold A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifx

badplayer
05-19-2005, 02:09 AM
As someone whose AF numbers are pathetically low, I'm starting to come around to this kind of aggression. Impressive!

That river ace is scary. So maybe betting wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, it didn't scare your opponent.

xenthebrain
05-19-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As someone whose AF numbers are pathetically low, I'm starting to come around to this kind of aggression. Impressive!

That river ace is scary. So maybe betting wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, it didn't scare your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just betting out always doesn't mean it'S good agression.

itsmesteve
05-19-2005, 09:45 AM
i'd definitely check behind on the river.

AlmightyJay
05-19-2005, 09:46 AM
You really think K-high is the best hand?

Dump this on the turn.

Fantam
05-19-2005, 09:46 AM
PF raise was fine, but you missed this flop. I think the flop bet is fine and shows some aggression, but the button must be calling with something on this 3 flush board.

At the turn, I would just have checked in the hope of checking this hand down to the river. I suspect that button had either a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ,a straight draw, an A or bottom or middle pair that he was calling down with.

Overall, I think that you were showing too much aggression with a marginal hand in a small pot this time.