PDA

View Full Version : Oh sweet, action...oh crap, too much.

dauler
05-19-2005, 12:05 AM
I often lose my stack with pretty good hands that are still far from the nuts, does anyone have another line that they can suggest to make the maximum when ahead and lose the minimum when behind?

Villain in this hand is 74vp$ip, 8pfr, 1.42 total aggression factor, 32% wtsd, so basically donktastically loose, pretty aggressive for the number of hands that he plays, but he's not a complete maniac.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($98.35)
SB ($32.08)
BB ($22.4)
Hero ($32.45)
MP ($14.75)
CO :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($42.77)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
Hero calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, CO :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

I already hate the utg call with ATo, I think that a raise or a fold was needed, but I don't think that it would have changed that villain was in the hand and I was looking at a big decision post flop.

Flop: ($1.25) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, MP calls $1, Villain calls $1, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($4.25) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $16.20 (All-In), Villain calls $7.20.

I was happy with his min raise, I was thinking that he probably hit like A3, J3, him donking around, who knows, but I felt like I was still very likely to be ahead at this point so I reraised a good amount. When he min raised me again I got a sick feeling in my chest and was immediately thinking set, KQ, something that had me pretty boned, but I didn't think I could get away from it at this point. Please help!

River: ($66.65) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $66.65

Mathemagician
05-19-2005, 12:43 AM
Honestly, once he minraises on the turn my goal would be to get to a cheap showdown with my weak 2 pair on a threatening board. That means just calling his minraise (instead of putting more money in the pot AND giving him the opportunity to keep raising when you don't really like your hand) and check/calling a reasonable bet on the river. A blocking bet is unlikely to be successful as he will (most likely) raise any bet you make if he has the straight.

Even if you might be ahead, it's just too likely that you're beat (AJ, TT, KQ or 33 are much more likely than JT or A3). I'd look for a better spot to get my stack in.

M