PDA

View Full Version : Quick thoughts

09-12-2001, 01:46 AM
My respect level has gone up for 2+2 posters tonight... perspective is shown by the lack of poker posts all day. Also due to the thoughtful, respectful posts in this forum.

I'm 27, and haven't been on Earth long enough to previously experience how events such as today's can effect an American citizen to the soul. The only similar feeling I've experienced is heartbreak...undefineable and nauseating.

God bless America.

Jeff

09-12-2001, 01:55 AM
I remember very clearly when President Kennedy was shot. I was in my seventh grade math class and another teacher came into the room to talk to our teacher (whose name I can't even remember). But I do remember her asking us to be quiet and saying that she couldn't teach anymore. A few minutes later the school principal came on the PA system to tell us that Kennedy had be assasinated. When my wife Charmaine woke me up this morning with the news I felt the same way once I understood what had happened.

09-12-2001, 12:36 PM
I too remember being in school. We were in an assembly in the auditorium. We were told Kennedy, Johnson and Connally were all assassinated and we were sent home.

That whole week was unbelieivable as we then watched Oswald get shot on live TV.

As incredible as those events were, the sight of the second plane flying into the WTC is the most chilling thing I've seen in my life, as I'm sure it is for most everyone. We had a sharp earhtquake here on the west side of L.A. on Sunday and it almost feels as if it was a terrible omen.