PDA

View Full Version : A hand from tonight's Pacific 2+2 tourney

wuwei
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t1230)
CO (t1605)
Button (t2180)
SB (t2035)
Hero (t4370)
UTG (t580)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t150</font>, Hero calls t100.

Flop: (t300) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t300</font>, Hero...

I need a plan on the flop, because the one I came up with sucked /images/graemlins/frown.gif

If you prefer a different action preflop, let me know.

lastchance
05-18-2005, 11:06 PM
I probably reraise preflop. This is a 2+2 tourney, you expect him to bet with any 2 preflop, and almost any postflop. Reraise him, and take it down a lot of the time, if the flop comes overs and he leads, it's not a good spot to be in.

I raise to t900 on the flop, planning to call a push, and pretty much get all my chips in the middle no matter what.

durron597
05-18-2005, 11:10 PM
This hand is only hard because you didn't reraise preflop. If you reraise and he pushes, fold. If you reraise and he calls, you can see a flop and then play some poker.

Since you didn't, I think you have to push the flop and I'm not happy about it.

Big Limpin'
05-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Fold, he raised from the blind , theres too good a chance you dont have the biggest PP.

ilya
05-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Raise, fold to a push.

wuwei
05-18-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise, fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you raising?

ilya
05-19-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise, fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To 1000

wuwei
05-19-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise, fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To 1000

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was pretty much exactly what I raised... I figured raising smaller is dangerous because I'm asking to be pushed off my hand. 1000 makes it pretty clear I'm serious, and if he comes over the top I can fold. But then I ran into what I think is the flaw in my plan...

edit: er, my math sucks. oops. Odds weren't as good as I was thinking. But at 4:1, the 12% of the time I suck out to an overpair combined with x% of the time he's semi-bluffing makes this a painful fold at that point.

I think Durron's point about reraising preflop makes it easier and cheaper to get away from this hand.

He flipped over JJ, and of course I proceeded to suck out on the turn /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ilya
05-19-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise, fold to a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To 1000

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that was pretty much exactly what I raised... I figured raising smaller is dangerous because I'm asking to be pushed off my hand. 1000 makes it pretty clear I'm serious, and if he comes over the top I can fold. But then I ran into what I think is the flaw in my plan...

edit: er, my math sucks. oops. Odds weren't as good as I was thinking. But at 4:1, the 12% of the time I suck out to an overpair combined with x% of the time he's semi-bluffing makes this a painful fold at that point.

I think Durron's point about reraising preflop makes it easier and cheaper to get away from this hand.

He flipped over JJ, and of course I proceeded to suck out on the turn /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I remember the hand...I'm sleepyhollow. I think the thing about raising to 1000 is that you don't really have to worry that he may be semi-bluffing if he re-raises all-in: he has to figure you'll call. So folding shouldn't be all that painful.