PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: For those comparing Palpatine to Bush

renodoc
05-18-2005, 10:14 PM
STFU!!!

Most ridiculous garbage I've heard from our glorious media these days. Everyone knows the empire was the soviets anyway...

masse75
05-18-2005, 10:15 PM
I think JarJar Binks is a more appropriate analogy.

Vince Young
05-18-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Darth Vader is a more appropriate analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

CallMeIshmael
05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... its tough to nail him down a one SW character

Though he has the stupidy of JarJar, he does have the mad lust for power of Palpatine/Darth Vader.

Also, we can't forget about the sentence structure of Yoda.

mmbt0ne
05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Pa-loh-tix

whiskeytown
05-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Personally, I would say it's a very close analogy to what GWB and the crew are doing - using the threat of war to increase it's power, limit freedoms, and so forth.

It's not an analogy to the soviet empire, at least not in terms of how it's taking over - that one was done by revolution.

Actually, it also draws very close comparisons to Nazi Germany. My history is a bit rusty, but Hitler basically used some trumpted up fires/bombings in the mid 30's as an excuse to consolidate his power and eventually dissolve the Weimar Republic. Very similar to the war trumped up in the first 3 episodes by Palpatine

RB

LaggyLou
05-18-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

Blarg
05-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Can we keep this shyt to the politics forum please?

Sponger15SB
05-18-2005, 10:56 PM
I would just like to say that anyone who posts in this thread (besides me of course) is a gigantic nerd.

You guys sound like those dorks from Can't Hardly Wait...

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/reviews/canthardlywaitxfilegeeks.jpg

Hey, my retainer kinda looks like a klingon warship. Fire photons! beeeewwww beeeeeewwww