PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Star Wars Tonight

theBruiser500
05-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm seeing star wars tonight cause my friends are going and invited me. I don't even want to see it, just want to hang out with friends. The last star wars movies were absolutely terrible, but when I tell people that I'm seeing the last one tonight people say "wow that is awesome!". I don't get it, the new stars wars sucked, the last 2 of them, so why are people excited about this?

Dynasty
05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
This is the movie people have wanted to see for more than two decades.

pshreck
05-18-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it, the new stars wars sucked, the last 2 of them, so why are people excited about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the same level of excitement for the last two. This one will be good, but it wont live up to the first 3 obviously, and that will be that.

theBruiser500
05-18-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand when the first new one came out people were excited. but can't people see now that they suck and this one will suck too?

pshreck
05-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Your right, the episodes 1 and 2 were very sub par movies, even to most Star Wars fans. I think that the Star Wars 'empire' was just built up so much over a 30 year period, it takes more than 2 bad movies to just end it.

Of course, if Lucas intended to do more, hed be in trouble, because his new batch has been pretty bad. I think we are seeking an ending to this story, and most of us will see it, good or bad.

Non_Comformist
05-18-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm seeing star wars tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome!

SpearsBritney
05-18-2005, 10:08 PM
I can hardly wait for Triumph

Raydain
05-18-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm seeing it tonight too. why? because it's going to be awesome.

theBruiser500
05-18-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your right, the episodes 1 and 2 were very sub par movies, even to most Star Wars fans. I think that the Star Wars 'empire' was just built up so much over a 30 year period, it takes more than 2 bad movies to just end it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this last show will put hte nail in the coffin. The acting I remember in particular, in the last 2 was an abomination , it made me want to barph.

DemonDeac
05-18-2005, 10:20 PM
i think everyone is so anxious to see this one cuz of the fact this is where anakin becomes darth

kenberman
05-18-2005, 10:24 PM
dude no spoilers

Thythe
05-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah I have 12:30 AM tickets. 2 hours or so from now.

fnord_too
05-18-2005, 11:01 PM
This one is supposed to be good. I hear Willow slaps an "I am Sith" note on Jar Jar's back right before Sam Jackson enters the room, midevil hillarity ensues.

ThaSaltCracka
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Bruiser, the review I read today basically said that with this film, Lucas has created three Star Wars movies for adults(3-5) and three for kids(1,2, and 6). I am seeing it on Sunday, and I am excited.

Matt Flynn
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
imagine seeing Star Wars for the first time when you were seven years old, before anyone had done anything remotely as good special-effects wise. other than Jaws no movie has had anywhere near the effect on me.

there are millions like me. as for the last two movies, George Lucas created something far bigger than his talent could handle.

theBruiser500
05-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Wow, Jar Jar Binks, awesome.

tek
05-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Nice to see you're getting out of your mom's basement once in awhile!

durron597
05-19-2005, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand when the first new one came out people were excited. but can't people see now that they suck and this one will suck too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw it, it sucked.

jedi
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought that this one was not only great, but made the other movies better as well. Lots of drama, but if you're looking for a happy ending, you won't get one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hogua
05-19-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully this last show will put hte nail in the coffin. The acting I remember in particular, in the last 2 was an abomination , it made me want to barph.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same actors = same acting ability.

acting in ep 3 not good either

daveymck
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
The hype around movies is so much more than in the pre intenet days as well, plus you get all the marketing going on via Mcd's pepsi and anyone else will to cough up for the rights that its no wonder a lot of modern films dont live up to expectations.

I hope its a decent movie but I am really not bothered about seeing it.

Delphin
05-19-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Same actors = same acting ability.

acting in ep 3 not good either

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it's the writing and directing. Most of the actors in the film have more than proven themselves in other films with different directors. By far the biggest problem is that the lines they are forced to deliver cannot possibly be said naturally.

I actually think there were several good peformances in the film. If Lucas could write dialog it would have been much better.

SameThreadBumper
05-23-2005, 05:14 AM

theredpill5
05-23-2005, 05:36 AM
I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movie. I think I saw the original way back when but that is it. Frankly, I don't get what all the fuss is about. I haven't seen any of the Episodes, either. I'm glad because I bet I'd hate them. It's all about money and making Mr. Lucas richer. I saw the Commercial or Trailer for the new one and basically the first time I saw the Trailer, I kind of laughed because it looked comical to me. Had some guy on the side of a flying vehical yelling or something. Looked funny.

Go spend your $25 and then be pissed about it but I won't.

Ianco15
05-23-2005, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Go spend your $25 and then be pissed about it but I won't.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know you don't have to buy the food.

bookie socks
05-23-2005, 06:22 AM
/images/graemlins/diamond.gif