PDA

View Full Version : I have this thing in my upper lip

tbach24
05-18-2005, 09:20 PM
About a month ago a couple kids here were drunk and running around being moran's. So I'm walking into the computer room and BAM one of them slams the door right on my face. Well my upper lip split on the right side. I figured everything would be fine, but about 1.5 weeks later I noticed a bump. I gave it a little time because I thought it would go away, but it hasn't. Anyone know what it could be and how long it will stay for?

JackWilson
05-18-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm finding it hard to picture what this would look like, but it couldn't it just be a scar?

ThaSaltCracka
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
I think you have herpes.

tbach24
05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm finding it hard to picture what this would look like, but it couldn't it just be a scar?

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't see it (I have big lips). I have become fixated with touching it with my tougne or chewing softly on it when I have nothing to chew on though.

DemonDeac
05-18-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm walking into the computer room and BAM one of them slams the door right on my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha
loser

j/k. was it bleeding badly when it happened cuz then you might have needed stiches. or it could have gotten infected and this is ur scar

of course, it could always be a cold sore

tbach24
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm walking into the computer room and BAM one of them slams the door right on my face.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha
loser

j/k. was it bleeding badly when it happened cuz then you might have needed stiches. or it could have gotten infected and this is ur scar

of course, it could always be a cold sore

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't feel like a cold sore. It's not annoying, it's just there.

To TSC: No herpes because I am a failure.

Blarg
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Could be an abcess or scar tissue. You might want to check it out with a doctor just to be safe.

tbach24
05-18-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could be an abcess or scar tissue. You might want to check it out with a doctor just to be safe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. My parents are doctor/nurse people, I'll just ask them when I get home.

rusellmj
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
I knew a guy who had been in a car accident and had to have his face stitched up. Apparently, after it healed, somehow the skin under the healed scar kept growing. For years. He had these little spheres of skin growing above his eyebrow. He finally had them removed.
On a more personal note, I once had my nose broken pretty good. For a couple years after, I would occasionally get a massive zit on the bridge of my nose from a bone chip working it's way to the surface.

Dynasty
05-18-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that's funny.

Option 1: Ask OOT for medical opinion.
Option 2: Ask parents who are a doctor and nurse.

tbach24
05-18-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it is a bit odd. I just don't want to call them because they both work REALLY weird hours and either sleeping right now or working.

SackUp
05-18-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly. WTF?? It sounds like it must be something else otherwise he is asking his doctor parents right away. I'm thinking HPV of the mouth. Sucks bro!

tbach24
05-18-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HPV

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've already addressed that this is probably a bad time to call my parents due to my lack of knowledge of the time they sleep.

DavidC
05-18-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it wasn't poker content. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

(Just busting your balls).

pokerjo22
05-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Probably facial hair coming through. You may have to start shaving soon. Ask your dad about it.

Brain
05-18-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've already addressed that this is probably a bad time to call my parents due to my lack of knowledge of the time they sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even my computer illiterate mother has e-mail, I'm sure a couple of doctor/nurse people would too. And they're your parents, they'd probably appreciate a call every now and then, even if you wake them up.

tbach24
05-18-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even my computer illiterate mother has e-mail, I'm sure a couple of doctor/nurse people would too. And they're your parents, they'd probably appreciate a call every now and then, even if you wake them up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh...not my parents. They appreciate calls, but my dad works really odd shifts. Something like 4-8 days 12-14 hours in a row. It's pretty bizarre. Plus my mom works now for sure. An e-mail sounds like a good idea though, I'll do that. Thanks.

Dead
05-18-2005, 11:01 PM
zit