PDA

View Full Version : First time getting pulled over...

jack spade23
05-18-2005, 08:56 PM
...ironic i made that car post couple of days ago. Everyone says "congrats, now don't [censored] it up!" I get pulled over the next day.

Me: "Oh [censored]"
Buckmulligan: (on cell phone) "hold on, nathan's getting pulled over."
Me: "[censored], why isn't he turning on his lights? Do i pull over or keep going?"
Buckmulligan: "just pull over"

Cop taps on window. I roll it down, give sheepish look.
Cop: "you were going 55 in a 40."
Me: "its a new car, more responsive than my station wagon was."
Cop asks for liscense, etc..
He comes back.
Cop: "Your liscense checks out. Ill let you go w/ a verbal warning."
me: "Thank you sir."

i think i handled it well for the first time ever. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Just kidding. It was a total supertroopers moment.

Dynasty
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
When cops come after you, it's usually best to simply cower and do what you're told. Of course, that's only if you're caucasian.

Blackjack
05-18-2005, 09:13 PM
First time I got pulled over was also a week after I got my car. I wasn't smooth at all.. To make it worse.. I was only 30 seconds away from home.

Going 55 in a 40, just like you did.

I'm so sick at getting off of tickets now. When I just had my JOL (Junior Operators License), I got pulled over for littering (threw a lit cigarrette butt out of the window), back tail light out, no registration in the car, driving after 12, and an no inspection sticker. He also said I was speeding which was BS. Just the speeding though

This was like 2 weeks after my first ticket. He asked if I was drunk and checked my pocket for weapons. Then he let me go without a single [censored] ticket. That would have been about 900$ in fines. Littering is 500$ in Taxachusetts.

That was sweet. I also got caught driving with a suspended license. I was driving my Dad's Jaguar (which helps) with him in the passengers seat when we got pulled over for a broken tail light. My mom had forgotten to pay my speeding ticket and it turns out my license was suspended for not paying that ticket and it was now in default. It's supposed to be a mandatory arrest in the US. He did nothing except make my Dad drive home. I got the suspension appealed but I had to go to court and talk to the prosecutor and paid him $50 to get out of it.

Blackjack

youtalkfunny
05-18-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got pulled over for littering (threw a lit cigarrette butt out of the window)...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish more people would get cited for this.

Patrick del Poker Grande
05-18-2005, 10:40 PM
At least you just got pulled over. The day after I got my first car, my car was within a hair of totalled because I got t-boned by a drunk driver with no license and no insurance passing me on my left on a double-yellow line as I was making a left turn. I hadn't put more than 5 miles on the car and didn't even have it for 24 hours yet. I just picked up the plates from the DMV and was on my way back home.

loudog
05-18-2005, 10:43 PM
wow!

make sure to fill us in when u start to grow testicles. god damn ladymon

jack spade23
05-18-2005, 10:46 PM
As soon as they drop, I'll PM you.

TimM
05-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Here's mine: (edit: by no means the first time, this was the most recent)

I am on the parkway, which in NY are patrolled by State Troopers, who have a reputation for being quite a bit less forgiving than the County cops who patrol most other roads. So I'm behind this guy going way too slow (only 10 over the limit) in the left lane, and I decide to go for a pass on the right. He's got a big ass SUV, so I don't see the Trooper waiting on the right side of the road until it's too late. He pulls me over, and the conversation goes something like this:

(after he gets my license and stuff)
Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Me: I guess I was going a little too fast.
Cop: Yeah I clocked you at 79. (in a 55)
Me: (Doh! /images/graemlins/frown.gif )
Cop: Where were you headed so fast?
Me: Well, I'm on my way to a chess club, and I'm running a little late which is not good because I'm running it tonight...
Cop: Oh, a chess player, huh? What's your rating?
Me: (feeling a little better already!) About 2200.
Cop: Oh, a master eh? My brother's a master (gives name of his brother who is about 500 points below master)
Me: Oh yeah, I know him (Heard of the guy, but I couldn't pick him out of a line-up)

So now he takes my stuff back to his car, comes back in about 5 minutes, hands my license back, and says "Just stay under the limit, you'll still make it".

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-19-2005, 02:43 AM
I have an amazing ability to be wearing shirts with the worst possible message ever on them when I get pulled over.

The first time I got pulled over I had a "Your Mom thinks I'm Hot" shirt on. The most recent time (when I had to do a field sobriety test and everything [I was well under the limit, I'm not stupid]), I was wearing a "Jesus if F'ing Metal" shirt that has a picture of Jesus throwing up the horns.

Whee...

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When cops come after you, it's usually best to simply cower and do what you're told. Of course, that's only if you're caucasian.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. If you happen to be black, the correct procedure is to resist arrest as violently as possible while screaming racial slurs while having a friend video tape them restraining you.

BusterStacks
05-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Here's how my stops go:

Cop: license and registration?
Me: sure, what did I do?
Cop: license and registration, sir!

---15 minutes later---

Cop: step out of the car sir.
Me: ok...
Cop: I understand you have been arrested for DUII. Are you drunk now?
Me: no, of course not
<Cop then will possibly give me a field sobriety test, roughly 1/3 of the time>
Cop: You have a lot of tickets, buddy. Where are you headed?
Me: Home, sir.
Cop: Mind if we take a look inside your vehicle?
Me: No, sir. Go ahead.

<Cop searches, possibly calls for K9 unit (happened once)>

Cop: Alright, slow down. We're going to write you a fix-it ticket for:

a) foglights too bright
b) stereo too loud
c) license plate lights not bright enough

thatpfunk
05-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Where do you live? curious.

Evan
05-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Are you black?

IndieMatty
05-19-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't drive, but I have an interesting pulled over story.

It's the winter of 1997, my freshman year, my pal just got a brand new green Chevy Blazer; he's from Jersey. Since we go to school just outside Manhattan; we decide to take it for a spin and drive down to NYU to meet some people (i.e. buy drugs), we bring (I bring) some marijuana.

As usual, we are crusing down Amsterdam, when a cop car turns it's lights on (it's about 7:30 PM) then another swerves in front of us, two more cop cars Pull to the side. Before I know it, we are told to put our hands outside the car, four cops rush us (my weed is in my inside pocket---even a small glass bowl-)first cop; swings open my door and has a service revolver pointed directly at me, we are all thrown against the hood as two MORE cops have us covered; we are questioned and then frisked (somehow THANK GOD, they did not find my contraband-luckily it was winter and I was well layered), we make up some bullshit about just wanting to go to Grays Papaya, the cops begin to settle down and ask us about our college..) turns out.. four dudes (we did not match their description) shot and robbed a couple uptown and jumped into a ...

green chevy blazer with jersey plates.

Freakin
05-19-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At least you just got pulled over. The day after I got my first car, my car was within a hair of totalled because I got t-boned by a drunk driver with no license and no insurance passing me on my left on a double-yellow line as I was making a left turn. I hadn't put more than 5 miles on the car and didn't even have it for 24 hours yet. I just picked up the plates from the DMV and was on my way back home.

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandfather was the kind of man who did not jump to a decision quickly. He was an accountant by trade and evaluated all possible options before proceeding. When he decided he wanted to get a new car, he started doing a lot of research and test driving. After 3 years, he finally settled on a turquoise Chrysler New Yorker. He went down to the dealership to pick up his new car, paid for it, and drove off the lot. As he was pulling out of the dealership driveway, eh was t-boned by a drunk driver, totalling his car. My mother said he was bitter about it for years afterwards.... (thought I think the guy DID have insurance, which improves it greatly over your story, Patrick).

Freakin

AviD
05-19-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Otherwise provoke the cop to lean in towards the window, sucker punch him in the face, then get dragged out of your car and have your asskicked on video (either the cop car's or your buddy's).

Rake in millions and play poker for a living.

AviD
05-19-2005, 11:03 AM
I broke the ice early. 2 weeks after getting my license some asshat decides go around a line of cars (making a left across traffic) on the shoulder and then realizes he wanted to make that left and stops.

To make a long story short, a truck blocked the shoulder view and said asshat was at complete stop hidden from view. As I go around the line of traffic, I slam on the brakes seeing him immediately in front of me, brakes lock up and tires slide on the salt/sand from winter right into the back of the car.

Car has zero damage.

My van (big pimpin' in HS) has the whole front end demolished, radiator busted/leaking, headlight shattered.

Cops were there before I could check to see if I [censored] my pants because it happened right in front of the police station.

Good times...but better times when I got home and deadbolted and baracaded my bedroom door because "My van" was really my dad's van. Needless to say, there was no mistaking when he got home from work that day.

AviD
05-19-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. If you happen to be black, the correct procedure is to resist arrest as violently as possible while screaming racial slurs while having a friend video tape them restraining you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm didn't even see this when I replied. Man I suck at originality, but I guess you do too because this happens with regularity.

Alobar
05-19-2005, 11:41 AM
for future referemce, NEVER tell a cop you are running late for something, and thats why you were speeding. Your best chance at a warning is if the cop thinks you arent goign to speed again when he lets you out of his sight. If you are late for something and are speeding, after hes done pulling you over you are gunna be super late, and hes supposed to assume you arent going to speed?

kyro
05-19-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got pulled over for littering (threw a lit cigarrette butt out of the window)...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK, my dad likes to play sheriff. A woman threw out her butt once at a stop light, and my dad got out of his car, walked around, picked up the butt, says to the woman "excuse me, you dropped this" and dropped it in the car.

jakethebake
05-19-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's OK, my dad likes to play sheriff. A woman threw out her butt once at a stop light, and my dad got out of his car, walked around, picked up the butt, says to the woman "excuse me, you dropped this" and dropped it in the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for him. I hate that [censored] too. Not nearly enough people are pulled over for it.

mmcd
05-19-2005, 12:54 PM
somehow THANK GOD, they did not find my contraband

Cops can frisk for weapons only in these situations.

TimM
05-20-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for future referemce, NEVER tell a cop you are running late for something, and thats why you were speeding. Your best chance at a warning is if the cop thinks you arent goign to speed again when he lets you out of his sight. If you are late for something and are speeding, after hes done pulling you over you are gunna be super late, and hes supposed to assume you arent going to speed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't totally remember exactly what I said. I might have just given the time I had to be there, and there really was plenty of time. This ticket would have sucked too, since I think anything over 75 in NY requires a desk appearance, a shitload of points on the license, huge insurance increase, etc, etc. This was maybe 5 years ago, and I had not been pulled over for maybe 10 years before that.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-20-2005, 04:55 AM
You don't have to make an appearance for over 75. I got pulled over doing 90 in a 55 on 17, so...yeah...

I got it down to 80 in a 55, but...still...

daryn
05-20-2005, 04:57 AM
i think i have been pulled over twice. i have never gotten a warning... ticket both times. i wasn't acting like a punk either, i was very respectful. i wasn't even driving crazy or speeding fast.. something like 45 in a 35, but an industrial area, not residential. i think the cop was just a notorious [censored].

Shoe
05-20-2005, 05:00 AM
I have been pulled over twice as well. Ticket once, warning once. Warning from lady cop, ticket from guy cop. Coincidence? I think not. Funny how girls never get tickets from guy cops either.

Macdaddy Warsaw
05-20-2005, 05:02 AM
My ex got a ticket from a guy cop. She was pretty hot too, so I don't know. She also turned on the waterworks, but I don't know if that helps.

Actually, I think waterworks from a female might have gotten me out of going to jail once, but she claims that it was a total act to serve that purpose. Man, that was great.

Shoe
05-20-2005, 05:09 AM
Well, it's not going to work 100% of the time obviously, But throughout college (I know numerous people who have been pulled over). About 75% of the girls i know have gotten out of tickets from guy cops. 0% (not a typo) of guys that i know have gotten out of tickets from guy cops.

HesseJam
05-20-2005, 06:15 AM
Me, disobeying a "No U-turn sign" doing a 180 degree turn and almost hitting a police car at night. Had my wife, son and moter-in-law in the car, all of us being German.

Me to family: "OK, everybody just shut up, OK?"
Officer: "You know why I stopped you"
Me (in my best German accent): "Uhmm, no, offiser. What did I do rrong?"
Officer: You did a U-turn and almost hit me. Didn't you see the sign?
Me: Watts a u-turn?
Officer explains.
Me: Ahh, satts a u-turn! Oh, sorrry, offiser!
Officer (looks through the car): Where are you from?
Me: Chermanny!
Officer: Allright, just give me a couple of minutes and I'll get you out of this (walks away with my German driving licence, which I always had on me for just these occassions).
He gave us a phony post card (written warning or something)which he told me to send in next day latest.

stinkypete
05-20-2005, 08:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(walks away with my German driving licence, which I always had on me for just these occassions)

[/ QUOTE ]

don't they realize that you should have local licence when the registration has been in your name for a long time?

HesseJam
05-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Well they should, but the car was registered in DC and I was pulled over in PA.

CrashPat
05-20-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm lucky. 4 times for doing something stupid in front of a cop with 0 tickets. I really should have gotten a ticket for three of these.

One day I was in a hurry and sped between a cop and a semi that was turning right. He got me for failure to yeild but only a verbal warning.

Another time I was pissed off and put my truck sideways in the intersection somewhat accidently and then smoked my tires on the next intersection as well. Cop was right behind me, exhibition of speed but only a verbal warning.

Last summer a cop was following me and I ran a red light, told him I go to college here and he let me off with a verbal warning.

This winter I ran a red when turning right with a cop on the road I was turning onto. I saw him as I did it and even said something about how stupid it was to my passenger. It was 2am, got pulled over, frisked for weapons, and off with a verbal warning. I think this time I was saved because I was sober and he was out looking for drunks.