PDA

View Full Version : 99 in the SB

SGS
05-18-2005, 08:39 PM
I have 99 in the SB of a 1/2 6 max game at full tilt. I have been running good and am up to ~500. BB has ~100 and button has ~50. Folded to the button who open limps, I call, and the BB makes it 8 to go. We both call.

FLOP- 5,5,6 (2 spades) I have the 9s

I have no notes on either player. How do you proceed?

SGS

crazygoose
05-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I am not a big fan of this situation. I usually check raise the preflop raiser (he will make a continuation bet with AK, AQ, KQs, AJs). It is a profitable play if he folds to the checkraise with KQs, AK, AQ, AJs. But if he reraises with those hands I can't call and the situation becomes unprofitable. That's how I play it, but I am not sure if this is right...

SGS
05-18-2005, 09:01 PM
What do you do if PF raiser bets 10 and button calls? This is what happened.

SGS

ryanghall
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I'd bet about 2/3 the pot. If you get called, there's a pretty good chance you're beat. You can then either shut off or if you think he might be drawing, put 2/3 pot in on the turn, as well. Check-folding the flop and check-raising are also both acceptable options. Ideally you will have a read on the raiser. If he's a loose raiser who is aggressive postflop, sure, checkraise. If not, try my first option.

Ryan

xorbie
05-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Assuming you can outplay the average player, I really think you should be raising this yourself. Who open limps on the button?