PDA

View Full Version : Luv2GetPwnedwithTT

istewart
05-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Comments everywhere here appreciated, been in a little rut today.

Raiser is 26/4ish, pretty passive overall. This is why I didn't 3-bet preflop but after talking with another 2+2er I think it would've been advisable to perhaps see if he caps and to get the BB out. The BB is very passive and so-so as far as looseness goes as well.

As far as the river goes, I completely screwed it up I think, having no real idea where I was.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

ClaytonN
05-18-2005, 08:21 PM
3-bet preflop. If he's passive and has high cards (likely) you will get away with stealing the pot on a low of possible lower boards. Plus TT is still a strong hand, even OOP.

Plus, if he caps, it narrows your read on him.

Postflop play makes me sick.

istewart
05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Yes, I would think so.

The thing is, if he's only raising 4% of his hands, UTG his range in general pwns me. That was my quandary.

istewart
05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
What else is bad though about postflop besides the river? I think I should have bet-folded the river but didn't think too much was out of line besides that.

TheWorstPlayer
05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, if he's only raising 4% of his hands, UTG his range in general pwns me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well on the flop, you can add AJ to the hands that are beating you. Why did you raise?

ClaytonN
05-18-2005, 08:29 PM
I don't know, the whole thing just seems nasty all around.

I like the checkraise in attempting to drive out the third player.

I just don't like cold calling from the SB here. I dunno.

istewart
05-18-2005, 08:31 PM
Because I didn't want to fold, I wanted to get the other guy out, I wanted to see how he would react, and I thought there was a decent chance he is betting this flop with AK/AQ. I'm fairly sure he isn't raising a hand with a jack in it in EP, as well. Besides JJ.

TheWorstPlayer
05-18-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I didn't want to fold, I wanted to get the other guy out, I wanted to see how he would react, and I thought there was a decent chance he is betting this flop with AK/AQ. I'm fairly sure he isn't raising a hand with a jack in it in EP, as well. Besides JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your preflop and flop plays are inconsistent. Preflop, you think you are behind his hand range (i.e. he is more likely to have AA-JJ than he is to have AK-AT) despite hand combinations. This means that you think he won't raise AJ/AT UTG. But then on the flop, even though he is betting into two opponents, you decide that you ARE ahead of his hand range. Some of the time, he must check AK/AQ here, no? And even if he never will, there are still more combinations of AA-JJ than AK/AQ despite reducing the number of JJ that he can have because of the J on the flop.

So you should either 3 bet preflop and lead the flop (my line) or you should just fold the flop. If you must peel one off, you can c/c the flop, but then you should definitely c/f the turn. No way is this guy betting two streets with AK/AQ unimproved, right? C/r is spewing, given your uber rock read, IMO.

SCfuji
05-18-2005, 09:18 PM
show

down

istewart
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
These are good points, and even more reason to 3-bet PF as I see it. I think the way it went down, and the with the size of the pot, check-folding might be a more prudent option. I still think he will bet AK/AQ when checked to here, which I felt was a problem (and that, if I'm continuing I didn't want to give the BB with A8 odds to call).

istewart
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't think the BB bets into both of us on the river with a hand that can't beat tens. But he would call with a bunch, which is why bet-folding would've been better in my opinion.

milesdyson
05-18-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm agreeing with everyone else so far (I think).

3-bet preflop. Since you didn't, nice flop check raise, nice turn bet. On the river you either check call or bet and fold to a raise. You have to show this down after the other dude folds, too.

istewart
05-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Okay, would you overcall a river bet?

milesdyson
05-18-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]That's a lot closer.

I doubt he would call there with AK/AQ, but it's a possibility. I can't really decide.

TheWorstPlayer
05-18-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No.