PDA

View Full Version : Fezzik Seminar

Mason Malmuth
12-05-2002, 07:57 PM
For those interested, Fezzik, who occasionally posts here, will be giving a one hour seminar on Super Bowl props. It is sponsored by Pi Yee Press which some of you are familiar with, and will take place at 11:00 AM Las Vegas time on January 25, the day before the Super Bowl. However, the information that I received did not state where the seminar would be held. For more information, you can go to www.sharpsportsbetting.com (http://www.sharpsportsbetting.com) or call 702-579-7711.

The reason I'm putting this up is that it should be worth while. There is also a fee required to attend.

Best wishes,
Mason

David Matthews
12-06-2002, 09:11 PM
I want to thank Mason for letting us tell you about the seminar. The Fezzik seminar will be live in Vegas the day before the Super Bowl and will cover all the various prop bets that are available around town for the game.

The seminar costs $99 if you sign up now or $129 after Jan 6.

If you sign up and saw it here, please let us know that you heard about it on this website so that we can give 2+2 credit.

Read all about it at:

http://www.sharpsportsbetting.com/FezSemJan25.htm

Note: due to lack of response for the online version it appears that we may not be doing that and only doing the live seminar.

David Matthews

Wildbill
12-07-2002, 04:11 AM
If I could charge $99/person I would be doing a seminar every week /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

scalf
12-07-2002, 08:25 AM
wb, you would be worth every penny...bill ya oufgta start writing a column fer someone...gl,,but seriously, ya got the technology...gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Wildbill
12-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Can't say I haven't tried. Problem is that there is a fine line in this field, the one between being an educator and being a picker. Most of the work is for guys that do little more than put their picks out for upcoming games with a little reasoning thrown in. I would be best at writing theory and ways to improve your handicapping. Most people that read these things are lazy or don't apply what they learn or know and would rather just have plays put on a platter. Problem is when you become a picks guy you become subject to luck. Think about it, if a guy started out and picked football for one season and went say 24-26, people would say he is worthless and go get another guy to do it. A 50 game sample is nowhere near enough to truly judge someone yet most people don't know that. So its full of pitfalls to do that and I think going down that road isn't in my future. I always say don't judge someone on their short term W/L, judge them on the quality of their analysis. Not always easy to do, but the only way to determine if someone has the potential to be a winner or not.

A note about Fezzik. I remember when he sent me messages a couple years ago about if he should go pro or not. I remember his reasoning and thinking this guy has it down. I get the question should I go pro or not quite a bit and 99.9% of the time I say no way. Fez had reasoning, talent, and the right attitude that made me think he was as prepared as anyone I ever talked to about it. I am glad to see he is doing well and has a solid record to back it up. I would say to anyone considering going to this seminar I am sure you will get your money's worth, this is a handicapper I would suggest to anyone.

Mason Malmuth
12-08-2002, 04:08 AM
Hey Wildbill:

If you ever start putting things down on paper in the form of a book, we would certainly be interested in looking at it for possible publication.

Best wishes,
Mason

Wildbill
12-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Thanks Mason. I put the idea on the back burner for awhile as my "real" job has been pretty hectic, but I will definitely pursue it at some point in the near future. I wrote quite a bit two years ago and occasionally I revisit it all and find that I would change some of it. Contrary to what most people think, I think the game changes a lot and if you stick to the same theories and methods year after year you will do less than you are capable of.

scalf
12-09-2002, 08:49 AM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif i agree with the changes factor...of course adjustments are necessary in all games, certainly poker...but for some reason..trends can become anti-trends; especially in sports betting /forums/images/icons/cool.gif ,,,gotta watch it...gl...i'll buy anything ya wr /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ite wb...gl

Wildbill
12-10-2002, 02:28 AM
Paid for by a back up the truck lock according to your computer??? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Poker changes aren't the same because the game won't change on you like a sport will. Poker changes are mostly due to the improvement of opposing players skill or in the degrading of their skill if you go to a different market to play where there is more action. Sports changes because of not only the players you are betting against, but also because of the style of play on the field. Pro sports is all about punch and counterpunch and there are different methods for playing the game and they are changing constantly. Hold'em isn't going to change much, still going to be the same rules with the same advantages going to players who play tight-aggressive style.