PDA

View Full Version : Look, it's another club!

soah
05-18-2005, 07:00 PM
Party 2/4 6-max

I openraise on the button to $12 with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Both blinds call. Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif X /images/graemlins/club.gif. They both check. These players have been defending their blinds pretty loosely so there's no reason to think they have a king, and I haven't played many hands in the last few orbits so they should give me some respect here. My combined folding equity, pot equity, and free card equity look pretty good. So I put out $24 but the SB raises to $48, BB calls, and I call. Turn is the A /images/graemlins/club.gif and they both check to me. I have about $330 left, SB has that covered, and BB has $80.

-Skeme-
05-18-2005, 07:12 PM
What the hell is BB check-calling two bets cold with that won't bet/raise himself?

TheWorstPlayer
05-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Bet. You are going to feel sick if you check and another club hits the river. If the short stack pushes, oh well. The only question, IMO, is what is your plan if you bet and the big stack check/raises. Do you have any previous history with him? Have you seen him play draws before, etc?

soah
05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
I didn't have that specific of a read on him.

TheWorstPlayer
05-18-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't have that specific of a read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then I bet and probably call a check/raise. I don't think an unknown is likely to check/min-raise a draw on the flop. More likely it's a made hand and you are beating all made hands on the flop.

soah
05-18-2005, 08:00 PM
I bet $125, both players call. King on the river, BB makes a strange comment in the chat box, something to the effect of "that figures" or something similar to indicate that he belives that card cost him the pot. SB pushes.

TheWorstPlayer
05-18-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet $125, both players call. King on the river, BB makes a strange comment in the chat box, something to the effect of "that figures" or something similar to indicate that he belives that card cost him the pot. SB pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks.

-Skeme-
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
I misread original post. I thought BB was the large stack.

soah
05-19-2005, 04:19 PM
bump

schwza
05-19-2005, 04:37 PM
i would bet the turn. the check-cold call from the BB would ordinarily look like a club draw, but it would be a strange play to do that with so little money behind.

i think you need to bet the turn to extract value from SB, which is likely some sort of made hand (which may have just become 2 pair).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by my count there is about 420 in the main and 80 in the side on the river, and the push is about 200 to you. i don't think that SB makes this bet into a relatively empty side pot without at least trip K's, probably KJ/KT. but i think that you're going to get shown a flopped set of X's or two pair -> FH than you're going to get shown trip K's, as long as this guy is smart enough to know how side pots work. i think it's a fold.

jkkkk
05-19-2005, 04:40 PM
i think this is a fold.

the king has either gave him the house or had no effect on his flush, and if i was him with the flush, i'm not folding because the board has paired, i'm more than likely betting, not sure about pushing though?

Drizztdj
05-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Overbet may be protecting trips but that's unlikely unless you had a read on him for doing this.

I'd flip a coin and decide based on heads or tails.

schwza
05-19-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think this is a fold.

the king has either gave him the house or had no effect on his flush, and if i was him with the flush, i'm not folding because the board has paired, i'm more than likely betting, not sure about pushing though?

[/ QUOTE ]

hero is short enough that if villain bets, it will almost certainly be a push.

jkkkk
05-19-2005, 04:50 PM
quite true

soah
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Results...

My first instinct was to fold, but I took too long and allowed myself to talk myself into a bad call...

SB showed Q /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif and BB claimed to have the jack-high flush; I didn't check the HH but I have no reason to think he'd lie about it, because his play was actually completely consistent with a flush draw as played by a moron.

I was already pretty sure my river call was a mistake, but was curious to see if I was also crazy to bet the turn -- when BB overcalled the flop my immediate reaction was that he was on a flush draw... but then when it got checked to me on the turn, I decided I couldn't take the chance that my hand was good and that I could get screwed on the river. Meh.

poboy
05-19-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd flip a coin and decide based on heads or tails.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is a joke, if it's not you need to read more and post less.