PDA

View Full Version : Need to learn SH play for cheap...where's best place to learn?

@bsolute_luck
05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
i play in Home games/tournaments and do fine until it gets ~4 handed and then i just suck. i get bet off hands and bluffed by aggressive play. i need to learn how to improve this.

#1: i usually play .5/1 limit 10-handed and don't have the bankroll or confidence to play 1/2 6max or anything. so some place cheap would be nice.

#2: any good books on SH and HU play that you recommend? thanx /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Zetack
05-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Absolute has two cent/four cent 6-max games. That's not four people but if you play those games for a while its not unusual to get down to four people.

Its limit and ring play is different from tourneys so I don't know how much its going to help if your home game is a one table NL freezeout.

--Zetack

toss
05-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Try Stars or Absolute. SH is really hard to play. Read and understand ToP and the SH section of HPfAP.

ClaytonN
05-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Stars has .5/1 six-max, if that fits you.

Otherwise, try Absolute.

Read ToP and post hands.

You just have to understand that in SH play, there are a wider range of made hands that are winners, and often it will be more incorrect to draw. Plus, you have to be aggressive.

mmbt0ne
05-18-2005, 06:52 PM
The Gaming Club has some HELLA weak .50/1 6max tables. I loved those while I was doing their OIC.

If you do go with TGC, I wouldn't object to you using mmbt0ne as your referer. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ClaytonN
05-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Prima blooooo0000ooooo000oooo00ooooowwwwwsssssssssss

mmbt0ne
05-18-2005, 07:00 PM
pshh, learn how to play fish. I pwned those tables, even while it was full of OICers. Almost all the players are European though, so you have to adjust your play times.

ClaytonN
05-18-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pshh, learn how to play fish. I pwned those tables, even while it was full of OICers. Almost all the players are European though, so you have to adjust your play times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you did, but Prima still blows. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mmbt0ne
05-18-2005, 07:15 PM
http://www.chaoticconcepts.com/haterade2.gif

ClaytonN
05-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

DavidC
05-18-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i play in Home games/tournaments and do fine until it gets ~4 handed and then i just suck. i get bet off hands and bluffed by aggressive play. i need to learn how to improve this.

#1: i usually play .5/1 limit 10-handed and don't have the bankroll or confidence to play 1/2 6max or anything. so some place cheap would be nice.

#2: any good books on SH and HU play that you recommend? thanx /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pick a site that doesn't have a lot of players: planet poker, for example, and just sit at their cheapest full ring table and wait for people to show up. Leave when it gets full, if it gets full. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Playing at off-hours almost guarantees short-handed play.

Or just jump into short-handed ring games at party.

MrWookie47
05-18-2005, 07:35 PM
For the Buddy Christ, that seems like an, umm, intersting aura to project.

Schwartzy61
05-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Why don't you try Sit-n-Goes, they will simulate your home game experience much more easily.

Otherwise check out Sporting Bet, those games are soft and they have 5 max at all limits...

@bsolute_luck
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
thanx everybody for your help. i have Theory of Poker, so i'll go back through that. i guess i didn't remember it having anything referencing SH play. i'll check out those cheapy sites too.

ClaytonN
05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the Buddy Christ, that seems like an, umm, intersting aura to project.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously underestimate Buddy Christ's affection for Chappelle's Show.

Entity
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Read the HUSH forums. Search the archives and read everything ever written by Ulysses (curently El Diablo). Find $.5/1 tables with only 3 people. Play at them until they become 7-handed. Leave. Rinse. Repeat.

Post hands you are curious about in HUSH. Rinse. Repeat.

Rob

DavidC
05-18-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you try Sit-n-Goes, they will simulate your home game experience much more easily.

Otherwise check out Sporting Bet, those games are soft and they have 5 max at all limits...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacific has really cheap SNG's... like $0.50 I think.

But it takes FOREVER to get your cash in and out of there, their support sucks, and they maintain the right to hold your cash until you wager 20x your deposit (though they normally don't do that).

f-ing bastards.

but nice juicy fish.

I love to hate those guys.

--Dave.

Monolith
05-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi there. I think that Fulltiltpoker.com is the best, in general, but for your circumstance, this is good: .5/.10 real money tables, sitngoes for anywhere from $4.40 up to $200 per, heads-up tables, and the ability to make a private game for howerver many people you like. Give it a shot. Also, another cool feature is that lots of very big name pros play there every day, and if you have a real money account, you can speak with them.

DavidC
05-18-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi there. I think that Fulltiltpoker.com is the best, in general, but for your circumstance, this is good: .5/.10 real money tables, sitngoes for anywhere from $4.40 up to $200 per, heads-up tables, and the ability to make a private game for howerver many people you like. Give it a shot. Also, another cool feature is that lots of very big name pros play there every day, and if you have a real money account, you can speak with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of an onion headline:

Boss' dick not going to suck itself.