PDA

View Full Version : this forum is full of idiots who can't really play

Tyler Durden
05-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Now that I have your attention, here's a hand from the Party midnight $100.

Level 1. I have 1k. EP limps in for 15, I limp right after him w/ A3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. The next two limp also. Button limps and both blinds are in. 7 way flop. t105 in the pot.

KJT two/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Blinds check, UTG bets 75, I call. One more caller, then the button makes it 400, over half his stack. Blinds fold and UTG calls. It's on me. pot is now 1065 i think.

what should i do?

TIA.

MLG
05-18-2005, 06:29 PM
push, you can't fold, and by pushing now you'll get at least 2:1 on your draw since you'll be up against 2 people which is more than enough for a draw with 12 outs to the nuts.

Tyler Durden
05-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Cool! I got one right. That was my thinking also.

LethalRose
05-18-2005, 06:33 PM
I push this in almost any situation..

05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I push this in almost any situation..

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

ilya
05-19-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Level 1. I have 1k. EP limps in for 15, I limp right after him w/ A3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. The next two limp also. Button limps and both blinds are in. 7 way flop. t105 in the pot.

KJT two/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Blinds check, UTG bets 75, I call. One more caller, then the button makes it 400, over half his stack. Blinds fold and UTG calls. It's on me. pot is now 1065 i think.

what should i do?

TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, fold?

Is this for real?

p.s. With such an active board and so many players yet to act behind you, I don't think you had any business calling the first flop bet either.

durron597
05-19-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what should i do?

TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, fold?

Is this for real?

p.s. With such an active board and so many players yet to act behind you, I don't think you had any business calling the first flop bet either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count outs, you sure about this reply?

TheTimeIsUp
05-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Why would this be a joke?...He has about a 40% chance to win this hand. (9+4-1)
With just the only other two players still in the hand, this is enough +EV.

ilya
05-19-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what should i do?

TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, fold?

Is this for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, very sure. If you're talking about the Queen outs, they suck, 2.5 at most.

Not to mention you have no FE whatsoever.

TheTimeIsUp
05-19-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what should i do?

TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, fold?

Is this for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, very sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 12 outs and major +EV not good enough for you?

whiskeytown
05-19-2005, 03:18 AM
I feel like I could justify that action in later stages -

but jesus, do I really want to put all my chips in action with a draw the first ROUND? - personally, I prefer a bit tighter action - and I don't feel you have a guarantee of two callers yet either for the odds...

RB

durron597
05-19-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like I could justify that action in later stages -

but jesus, do I really want to put all my chips in action with a draw the first ROUND? - personally, I prefer a bit tighter action - and I don't feel you have a guarantee of two callers yet either for the odds...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Building a stack instead of wasting 3 hours and then bubbling is +EV.

ilya
05-19-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would this be a joke?...He has about a 40% chance to win this hand. (9+4-1)
With just the only other two players still in the hand, this is enough +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not taking redraw possibilities into account and you're overvaluing the Queen outs at 3. I think that my 2.5 estimate is quite generous considering the action. So really he'd be making what's maybe a slighly +CEV play at a 65% or so risk of busting. And that's IF both opponents call.

ace_in_the_hole
05-19-2005, 03:27 AM
If your willing to put your money in on the flop,t hen why not raise the flop bet instead of calling? This would give more folding equity but also isolate keeping money out of the pot.