PDA

View Full Version : Bay101 $50 rebuy

SossMan
05-18-2005, 06:08 PM
I'll try to keep this short as I wrote down only a few of the early hands. I ended up getting to the final table shortstacked and finished 8th for $220. First was $2500.

I thought these hands were indicitive that live play is unbelievably good. These weekday tournaments might very well be better than many low limit online tournaments (structure notwithstanding).

First hand I play outside the blinds.
I have 900 of my initial 1000 chips. Blinds 25-50. Still in the rebuy period.

I raise a MP and a LP limper from the SB w/ JJ. I made it 300 to go. BB folds, MP folds, LP calls. Pot = 700. He's been pretty donkilicious and has rebought several times. He has 500 left.
Flop is AQ3. I push, he thinks for about 30 seconds and calls. He shows 23sooted (one of his suit on the board) and my JJ value bet w/ AQ flop holds up.

I fold for a few more hands until I get AcJc in MP. Donkey 23 guy just rebought to 1000 and raises is 200 to go. I am two to his left and make it 500 to go. I have 1550 before the hand starts. Only he calls. Flop is KKx. He checks, I push, he folds.

Very next hand. Bad EP with a stack of 1325 opens for 200, I raise it to 600 in MP w/ AKo. Only he calls. Flop is QJx. He bets 400, I push, he FOLDS 88 FACE UP WITH 325 LEFT getting a billion:1 IN A REBUY!!

Next level 50-100, I raise 4 limpers to 600 from the SB w/ QJs. Only the 23s guy calls. He has 1075 left. Flop is 256. I push, he folds 99 face up. I guess he was playing for set value...

These are about the easiest players to play against, loose against raises preflop and weak tight w/out any clue about potodds postflop.

My big hand came later when I had a decent chip stack at the table. My opponent in this hand is the only one that can cripple me. I have about 7k. Blinds were 150-300. This is post rebuy period. My opponent has like 6700.
This guy recently tripled up with KK all in preflop vs. JJ and 99.
Since then, he has raised two consecutive hands from MP to 1500. Both times, he stole the blinds.
He opens for 1500 the third time in a row. I have KJs and am to directly to his left. I make it 3k. All fold and he immediately pushes.
I think to myself that that wasn't the brightest raise in the world given my stack size. I have 4k left. Pot is laying me a little better than 2.5:1.
I think for a long time. He felt so strong, but I couldn't pass up the chance to be a huge chip leader. I felt that I was almost getting odds to call even if he had me dominated (a little short, but pretty close), plus if he has something like 88-TT, then I have a huge overlay.
So, I called. He had TT. I hit a king on the river and took a huge lead.

Prime Time
05-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Unreal, but have seen the same type of play at the Borgata $80 R/B.
Wish I was closer.

ntq816
05-18-2005, 07:42 PM
http://www.planet-familyguy.com/characters/pics/peter_tn.jpg

Soss is a donkey.

SossMan
05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.planet-familyguy.com/characters/pics/peter_tn.jpg

Soss is a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, okay.

KdoubleK
05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
I sometimes play the Bay rebuy and I'll be looking for the guy that pushes every flop after he raises during the rebuy. I'll be the guy doing the same thing /images/graemlins/grin.gif