PDA

View Full Version : have we listened to the Green, too much??

Little Fishy
05-18-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm not saying that most things that enviromentalists push aren't good for the enviroment and the world, but have we as a nation paid too much attention to the green without first looking at the implications...

here are some reason's why I'm not fond of the Green:

they pushed putting chemicals to make gas burn cleaner that are carsinagens in our drinking water

they protested nuclear power and supported hydroelectric (which floods areas and kills entire fish populations) and wind power (which kills bird populations by destroying their migration routs).

By forcing US factories to burn cleaner they drive up 'in house' products making outsourcing even more profitable

and of course...they don't shave you know where /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

just some thoughts...

mosquito
05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

and of course...they don't shave you know where /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

just some thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this is a pubic forum? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Bodhi
05-19-2005, 01:49 AM
It sounds like you're green yourself, but think the movement is represented badly. I can live with that.

Just remember that global warming is a political debate, not a scientific one.

JohnnyHumongous
05-19-2005, 01:56 AM
I've done a lot of reading in this very area, and recently wrote a series of speeches regarding the sort-of 'hoax' of environmentalism. Basically the world is 100% A-OK, technology makes the world a million times better for everyone and utility is far outpacing any small relative detrimental effects that pollution etc. are causing. The world is getting much, much better in any metric you can name- availability of food, clean air, water, natural resources, quality of life, etc. etc. etc.

Authors to read- Julian Simon, Bjorn Lomborg.

Wally Weeks
05-19-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they don't shave you know where

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. You simply shouldn't trust people that don't shave their asses.