PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not push here?

PokerGoblin
05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
$30 + 3 NLHE on Party

Me: 22k in chips, 9 players left, 400 started.

Blinds 1500 and 3k.

I am two seats off the button w/ AJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop everyone folds to me, I push.

----------------------------------------------------------

A couple of side notes:

The CO has about 3500 chips

the button has about 12k in chips

SB has about 18k in chips

BB has me covered, but not by much.

Also important to note it is my goal to win the tournament, not just finish as high as possible.

PG

Superfluous Man
05-18-2005, 05:28 PM
I can think of lots of people who don't push here. Wussies, candy-asses, nits, mama's boys, weenies...

Sorry you ran into AK.

TheDrone
05-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Easy push. There would need to be a couple of huge stacks behind to make me hesitate briefly...and then I would still push.

Sluss
05-18-2005, 05:37 PM
The only time I don't push this is UTG when I have already pushed twice this orbit to get to the stack I have. Even then there is a chance I push. Here this is a no brainer.

A_PLUS
05-18-2005, 05:45 PM
You would have to double my chips for me not to push this from anywhere.

PokerGoblin
05-18-2005, 05:52 PM
ok thanks, I figured I had few other options given the circumstances.

I was unlucky enough to run into AQ on the button and AK on the BB... at least I was getting close to 2-1 pot odds being a 3-1 dog /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Later

PG

Scooterdoo
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
I push.

nlsnakeyes520
05-18-2005, 06:55 PM
A lot of it depends on how many short stacks are at this table--or shorter stacks than you. Though you are only concernced with winning the tournament does not mean you cannot wait until a few more people are out to make a move. I think that a 9k bet right there would do the trick of picking up the blinds with a chance of dodging a fatal move. With that 9k bet you would have 13k left after folding when the 2 players moved in on you.

PokerGoblin
05-18-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of it depends on how many short stacks are at this table--or shorter stacks than you. Though you are only concernced with winning the tournament does not mean you cannot wait until a few more people are out to make a move. I think that a 9k bet right there would do the trick of picking up the blinds with a chance of dodging a fatal move. With that 9k bet you would have 13k left after folding when the 2 players moved in on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you may have missed the part about how big the blinds were... they were 1500 and 3k.

So if I bet 9k, leaving 13k behind, I have enough to survive 3 orbits assuming a get entirely cold decked. Just to move up a couple more slots wasn't the goal at all, which is pretty much all I'd be able to accomplish given that scenario.

The actual scenario played out like this:

I started the final table in 5th chip position w/ 31k chips. I blinded down to 22k because I had a bad run of cards, and the big stack, who had over 100k chips, was raising to about 8k every single hand.

Pushing is the only option really, limping is a distant second, the only reason to limp is that you are planning on folding to ANY raise. Giving the blinds a free flop is usually -EV.

PG

treeofwisdom7
05-18-2005, 09:36 PM
why would you ask if we would push or not is this a trick question.. you just want those that say 'yah sure i wouldnt push' look like complete asses or are you serious.. if i was going for 8th i wouldnt push i would fold AJ..

PUSH BABY PUSH!

PokerGoblin
05-18-2005, 09:45 PM
yaknow... it's one of those fundamentally correct plays that you question later because it didn't work out...

I think we've all been there. A little positive reinforcement is always helpful.

PG