PDA

View Full Version : Yikes, 5-10 Madness

mscags
05-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Not really sure what was going on here. I tried the isolation on third and it was no good. Thought I might try it again on fourth and then all hell broke lose. I'm obviously happy to walk away with half, but let me know where I went wrong. I felt like the pot was so gigantic I couldn't just throw it away.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___raises

5th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

6th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

River

Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets

Results:

Seat 2: balance $171.75, lost $50.5 [ Jh 9c 9s Qc Ts 6s 4s ] [ a pair of nines -- Qc,Jh,Ts,9c,9s ]
Hero: balance $307, bet $50.5, collected $130, net +$79.5 [ Kc 3h Ks 6d 9d 2d 4c ] [ a pair of kings -- Kc,Ks,9d,6d,4c ]
Seat 7: balance $161.5, bet $50.5, collected $130, net +$79.5 [ 8c As 3s Th 5d 7d 5s ] [ LO: 8,7,5,3,A | HI: a pair of fives -- As,Th,8c,5d,5s ]

Hauser_III
05-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Having tried the unsuccessful isolation on 3rd, I would have just called on 4th, especially with one of your K's dead. I love the schizophrenia in this hand, where everybody goes crazy on 3rd and 4th, and then nobody's willing to do anything on 5th or 6th. Seat 7's 5th street action really bugs me: if he's raising on 4th to try and drive out seat 1, who looks like the only other hand that could have started with a low, then why not bet on 5th and try to drive seat 1 out again?

bigredlemon
05-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Is that some kind of weird stud variant where the person with the lowest pair wins? That, or there's definetly some alchol involved. I can't believe you guys have to put up with people capping 4th with a pair of fives at 5/10 too. I thought it was just something poor me have to figure out /images/graemlins/mad.gif

hurlyburly
05-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Wow, what a nutty hand. Sure glad the action calmed down so you could see it through. Can't blame you for trying to thin it out on 4th.

mscags
05-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Crazy stuff like that usually doesn't happen at 5-10 but this hand was crazy. The weird part was that the table was pretty calm besides this hand. Sometimes I wonder what people are doing and then I remember that I make my money from thos guys so all is good.

dandy_don
05-18-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love the schizophrenia in this hand, where everybody goes crazy on 3rd and 4th, and then nobody's willing to do anything on 5th...

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that as well...odd. Also, what is up with the wild early rounds of betting where the final result for the hand is a pair of K's for the HI, and an 8,7... for the Lo.

I'm obviously playing at the wrong site.

Andy B
05-18-2005, 11:05 PM
If you can reasonably anticipate that everyone is going to call for two bets on third street, you're probably best off folding. Dead high-only hands don't do well in multi-way pots.

Since they didn't fold for two bets on third, I wouldn't think they'd fold for two bets on fourth. I'd be very concerned about the guy who called two cold and then capped with 3T. Either he is rolled-up or he has brain damage.

Beyond that, I don't know when you can get away from it. Glad it worked out this time.

Was this on Party? What a bunch of monkeys.

templar999
05-19-2005, 12:00 AM
i think 8 misclicks from 5 opponents is the best explanation i can muster... wow. this is real money right?

mscags
05-19-2005, 02:45 AM
Yes definitely Party and I was thinking the same thing about the guy that capped it on fourth, but after he checked it the next round I was really confused.