PDA

View Full Version : Min/Small Bet/Raise = Strong or Weak??

cl_tc
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
How do you generally tell if a min/small bet or raise is weak or strong? I'm not always able to correctly distinguish if a minimum bet or raise is a sign of strength or just someone that doesn't really grasp the whole NL betting style. Frequently, for example, people will raise a bet the minimum, and lots of times I think they do this simply because it's "easier" to press the raise button.

Would you say that passive players that make small bets or raises are weak or strong? And, along the same lines, would you say that aggressive players that do the same are weak or strong?

Thanks for your thoughts.

jkkkk
05-18-2005, 02:58 PM
quite obvious that when a passive player raises you he has some part of the board

agressive player min-raising? wow hes on some sort of draw, or is just building the pot with his top set on an uncoordinated board.

kurto
05-18-2005, 04:14 PM
It depends.

No, seriously. Are you talking about at a $25NL table or a $200 table? Preflop? Is it a reraise?

At $25NL tables preflop, I take it to mean small-med pp or something weak like JK.

On the flop- someone who open min-bets (Betting .25 into a $2 pot) usually has mid or bottom pair or a draw.

As the limits get higher and the players get better, the min-raise could be more indicative of strength.

(BTW- all the above are people who OPEN with a minbet or minraise. A min-RERAISE is strength. Though if its from someone on the button and its a flopbet, it could be someone trying to purchase a cheap river.)