PDA

View Full Version : about my wsop backing arangement

stupidsucker
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
I am semi undecided as to what to do now.

As it stands I am not going to take any backers now, but I have a few other ideas.

I had to put it on hold, because I had a technical problem to work out with empire before I felt comfortable taking any money in. I was not 100% sure I was able to play, so it was only right to wait.

Now I am in the position where I think I only have about $500-$1000 worth of people that want to buy. 2 months ago this would have made a world of difference as I was on the bottom of my bankroll whilst moving meh stuff. Now I 2 months ahead on rent playing at the 55s with a solid BR.

Im still trying to cook up something, but most of my ideas are going flat. Ive never been backed before, so I guess part of it is a pride thing too.

raptor517
05-18-2005, 01:48 PM
just play it out mang, you could be an uber luckbox for like 5 days and make bajillions. holla

Phil Van Sexton
05-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Do what the pros do:

- Sell $20,000 of yourself.
- Lose on purpose in first hour.
- Blame loss on bad internet players.

zaphod
05-18-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do what the pros do:

- Sell $20,000 of yourself.
- Lose on purpose in first hour.
- Blame loss on bad internet players.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if you win? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Blarg
05-18-2005, 06:48 PM
Then you go from "Springtime for Hitler" to "Prisoners of Love."

stupidsucker
05-19-2005, 12:26 PM
IM going to keep this semi bumped for a while, because there are people I want to see this.

Scuba Chuck
05-19-2005, 12:40 PM
SS, it would be helpful to someone like me, and perhaps others, with the interworkings of being backed.

What kind of arrangements are you considering? What will end up being your out of pocket expenses? What are the drawbacks (besides sharing if you win)? What are your hopes?

Big Limpin'
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
If Irieguy backs you, will you have to pay him back if you lose?

stupidsucker
05-19-2005, 01:37 PM
well as is....

Pros of being backed
A) I have all of that money up front
B) If I lose (which is likely) I keep that money

Cons
A)Huge profit loss if I place well
B)I dont expect to gain much more then $500-$1000 from backers and although not "chump change', it isnt going to change much of anything.

I have been giving serious thought to starting my own webpage and trying to generate interest from the average joe that likes poker. Giving people the chance to back me for my regular game and my live game. I would give daily reports on my regular game (which is boring, but some people think its exciting) And I would start to make regular trips for some of the tour. Take a % of the top like raymer does for his deal and the rest goes into the backers shares. Most people will just buy in for $100 and let it ride for a while.

For the most part the only reason I would want to get backed is so I could play at a higher limit then what I am playing. Because If I can make more money not being backed then why get backed?

I have been playing long enough that stress of the money and bad beats isnt a big deal anymore. I recently dropped my BR down to almost zero to move, and I had people willing to back me if I needed it, but I didnt. I calmly dropped to the 10s and built my BR back to where it was, now after 2 months of BR hell I am playing the 50s.