PDA

View Full Version : Would you have played same way if you were villain??

That guy
05-18-2005, 01:43 PM
At first I thought this was a bad turn play by Villain but now I am wondering what others think? Would you have called if you were villain???

(I am a limit player but decided to play some NL last night)...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($7)
CO ($343.35)
Button ($100.8)
SB ($94)
BB ($100)
UTG ($168.6)
UTG+1 ($84.7)
Hero ($45.6)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $3, MP2 folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($11) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10 </font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises $30 </font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises all-in </font>, Hero calls

River: ($11) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $91.20

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7s 8s (full house, sevens full of eights).
Hero has Td Jd (straight, jack high).
Outcome: BB wins $91.20. </font>

Marcotte
05-18-2005, 01:55 PM
I would have played it the same way as villain, but I suck. Two pair is a very dangerous hand, as it usually means there is a str8 draw on the board. With his flush draw he has 13 outs to improve which is around 28% to hit on the river iirc. Not enough to get all the money in against someone who's shown strength, but like I said, I'd probably do it too. :sigh: so much to learn.

wtfsvi
05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I would probably play it the same way as villain, except I would bet full pot on the flop. Not sure it's right though, to push the turn. He has to at least call anyway I think. But I would push.

kurto
05-18-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm more interested in why you called his flop bet. You had 4 outs (3 if someone has a flush draw). Even if you hit, there was a decent chance your straight would be counterfeited by a flush.

unlucky513
05-18-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm more interested in why you called his flop bet. You had 4 outs (3 if someone has a flush draw). Even if you hit, there was a decent chance your straight would be counterfeited by a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy
05-18-2005, 02:16 PM
$3 to call to hit my miracle 3-outer

it was a loose call for implied odds with position... here it turned out to be $3 to win possible $45.. didn't work out, oh well

kurto
05-18-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$3 to call to hit my miracle 3-outer

it was a loose call for implied odds

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, that's a terrible call. You don't have the stack for the implied odds.

You can only be certain that you have 3 good outs. You have about a 6% chance of hitting your card on the next card. For simplicity... we'll round it to 1/20th. For you to break even, you have to know you'll get $60 from him on that call. You only have $44 dollars, so your stack isn't deep enough to make this call.

On top of that, you have to always figure in the number of times that you will get your straight, then still lose to a flush or (as in this case, a fullhouse).

Regarding his play....
I'm not sure what he would put you on. If he thinks his 2 pair is beat, then his call would be bad. But if he considers the %of time his 2 pair is good and the %of time someone might be trying to push him off a hand.... its probably a reasonable call.

That guy
05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
thx for comments...

For the record, that's a terrible call. You don't have the stack for the implied odds.

yes I know its not a good call... it is $3 though... it is hardly terrible... its a small mistake, not a 'terrible' mistake.

That guy
05-18-2005, 03:06 PM
thx for comments...

yes I know its not a good call... it is $3 though... it is hardly terrible... its a small mistake, not a 'terrible' mistake. its wrong by less than $1.

Finite_Risk
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
[/ QUOTE ]Regarding his play....
I'm not sure what he would put you on. If he thinks his 2 pair is beat, then his call would be bad. But if he considers the %of time his 2 pair is good and the %of time someone might be trying to push him off a hand.... its probably a reasonable call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree

Ojo_Rojo
05-18-2005, 03:26 PM
The call could potentially lose you more than $3.

Ojo_Rojo

That guy
05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
The call could potentially lose you more than $3

Yes it could, I could lose $45 --- as I did...

but when $80 of the $91 pot went in, I had 70% equity of it... the nuts... not bad