PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Phillies

BreakfastBurrito
05-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Have they done enough to be considered the worst franchise in baseball? This is taking into account the entire history of the team and not just current or recent performance.

I figured the Brewers or either of the Chicago teams could be up there too, but I think the Phillies just might take it. I would need at least another 10 years before allowing the Devil Rays to be considered for this honor.

In basketball I think it's clearly the Clippers and in the NFL the Cardinals. In Hockey I'm not sure if I could pick out one truly inept franchise. Maybe the Rangers overall.

LittleOldLady
05-18-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have they done enough to be considered the worst franchise in baseball? This is taking into account the entire history of the team and not just current or recent performance.

I figured the Brewers or either of the Chicago teams could be up there too, but I think the Phillies just might take it. I would need at least another 10 years before allowing the Devil Rays to be considered for this honor.

In basketball I think it's clearly the Clippers and in the NFL the Cardinals. In Hockey I'm not sure if I could pick out one truly inept franchise. Maybe the Rangers overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I go way back, and I remember the Whiz KIds with great fondness. The Philles were also successful in the mid-60s--although they did blow a sure shot to the series by an utter collapse at the last minute.

For sheer ineptitude in the NFL, no team can beat the Saints. It's absolutely necessary to bring your paper bags to the Dome.

LOL

asb165
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Listening to 610 yesterday, I think I heard something about the Phillies being only about 150 losses away from 10,000 losses in their history, a record for any professional sports franchise in the world. I would say that qualifies for sucking hard.

DemonDeac
05-18-2005, 01:56 PM
go fu_ck yourself
i love the phillies
we're just stuggling a little bit right now (and by now i mean ever since the team's inception with the exception of a few good years)

i still love em

need to get rid of Ed Wade. he's a virus who ruins anything he touches

BreakfastBurrito
05-18-2005, 02:09 PM
I hope I didn't give the impression that I don't love the fightins. I love all Philly sports. The suffering is what makes it worthwhile.

I was just pondering over all the great memories the Phillies have given me, and a large portion of them involve laughing at the displays of ineptitude. And when I take an honest look at them, I think they may do it better than anyone else. Ever.

PokerFink
05-18-2005, 02:11 PM
The Phillies have more losses than any other sports team.

In any sport.

In the world.