PDA

View Full Version : How about some positional stats?

Wynton
05-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes, I know many of you hate this stuff, but perhaps there's some more value to posting positional stats? I tried whiting out the irrelevant stuff (and embarassing stuff like win rate).

And I know I have very low Vp$P and pfr numbers in general, but I'm not asking about that so no need to say get those numbers up across the board. I just want to know whether one can tell from these numbers if any particular position is being glaringly misplayed, relative to the other positions.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/wynton/positional.jpg

Trix
05-18-2005, 12:39 PM
its really hard to compare when you dont filter it for 5-6 players.

You limp alot more than me UTG and in general too as far as I remember.

Your pfr is 3.xx from the BB !? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Your went to showdown is too low too, though it has nothing to do with the position stats.

Itīs pretty impressive that you have raised first in from the BB :b

Wynton
05-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks. I didn't realize I should have filtered for 5-6. One thing I have gradually been fixing, which won't be evident from these stats, is blind play. I know that I used to be atrocious about not raising there. Still bad, but not as bad as it looks probably.

On the other hand, I don't even see what stat indicates I'm limping utg. I cannot remember the last time I ever did that. Which stat shows that?

MAxx
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Itīs pretty impressive that you have raised first in from the BB :b

[/ QUOTE ]

i can only assume this happened b/c of a poster and sb folded..... maybe

I wouldnt be surprised if Jeff W came in here and revealed your PS handle. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wynton
05-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Since I play for much less money than 90% of people here, I'm not particularly concerned about my user name being revealed, actually.

Is it possible to look at the win rate from each position and infer whether something is out of whack?

Silverback
05-18-2005, 12:58 PM
he can tell you limp in UTG because you play 15.96 vpip but raised 1st in only 14.15, so you must have limped some hands.

Id say you are still limping in general when you have callers in front. You could do with raising more when you have limpers in from, especially from CO and button

MAxx
05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to look at the win rate from each position and infer whether something is out of whack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the answer to this is yes and no. I think you could with a large sample size. How large, I don't really know. I basically think that at 30K this would not have converged yet. Disclaimer: this is just thought... I have no basis but thought.

On the side:
Wynton, the thing that sticks out to me the most is that you really look like a Sally in the BB and you dont make it to show down enough in general. You are a little lite on the pfr in general. 3% raise out of BB? Looks like you only raise AA,KK,QQ here. That needs adjustment. Get diesal in the BB.

Wynton
05-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Oh I see, makes perfect sense. Not too worried about limping utg, though. Whatever the numbers are, I'm sure they reflect a prior bad habit that I don't do anymore.

I think you may be right about over-limping, though. I'll have to examine those situations a bit.

Wynton
05-18-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wynton, the thing that sticks out to me the most is that you really look like a Sally in the BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta say that this remark is memorable enough that it will probably do the trick and get me going. Thanks.

Incidentally, these stats are compiled predominantly in 2/4 and 3/6. Not sure how that matters in general, but I still believe it does somehow.

sl4v3
05-18-2005, 01:35 PM
Is open limping always a bad thing? If the table is loose enough that you are almost always guaranteed to never steal the blinds and you have a hand like T9s in early position which is good multiway but not good heads up, isn't open limping reasonable?

mperich
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM
My PFR from the BB is 11.5%

You are definately not raising enough from the blinds.

-Mike