PDA

View Full Version : $5+$1 $50/$100 Push or Fold on flop.

darydarling
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
First time posting in this section, I am still a fairly new SNG player and this is the hand:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t710)
UTG (t1155)
MP1 (t405)
MP2 (t895)
CO (t1205)
Button (t2670)
SB (t960)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t200) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t100</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t300

The read I had on the villain is he was making a lot of moves, stealing pots when others were playing tight.
Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

pooh74
05-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Given the blinds and how many players are left and your read on villain, I actually dont think a push or raise is the worst play. You will need to make something happen to get a shot at $ here and this flop isnt horrible and I would guess you are ahead here against a loose player from SB betting 1/2 pot on a flop.

Sponger15SB
05-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Do not play the $5+1's

The rake is too high. Either move up to the $10's or go to another site besides party.

darydarling
05-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the responses.
I regretted not going ahead and pushing here, I know I had a ton of outs, some may not be clean.

As you can see I did lay it down, and was able to double up soon after and went on to win.

And as far as the $5's I know the juice is high. I just want to make sure I plug a few leaks before moving up.
Right now I still find myself getting into hands I probably should have just folded preflop, or getting off my strat at some point in the game causing me to have to make desperate moves at an earlier level than anticipated.

TStokes
05-18-2005, 04:26 PM
I have no problem with the fold here the villian could have anything at this point, and you still have enough chips to make a few steals if you fold.

darydarling
05-18-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with the fold here the villian could have anything at this point, and you still have enough chips to make a few steals if you fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my exact line of thinking.
I figured if I waited at least until after the button I could make a few moves with hands I felt more comfortable with against random hands in the blinds and luckily it did work out that way.

treeofwisdom7
05-18-2005, 04:58 PM
fold then wait for another hand to push with. after you win this sit n go take your money out of party and put it into Pokerstars, ultimatebet, or anyother site. your paying way to much for rake