PDA

View Full Version : Throw this away or draw to ~4 outs?

deception5
05-18-2005, 09:35 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero ???.

istewart
05-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Any reads? Yes I am probably folding it.

handsome
05-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Easy fold buhhhhhhhhhh-DEE.

deception5
05-18-2005, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reads? Yes I am probably folding it.

[/ QUOTE ]

First round at the table. So call the raise and check/fold the turn?

car ramrod
05-18-2005, 11:04 AM
Any idea if villian raises his flush draws, or would make a play at you?

I would call the turn, and if he leads the river, fold ui.

MP3 is adding to the pot, which is decent size, so I think you can peel one on the turn, and fold river ui.

deception5
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any idea if villian raises his flush draws, or would make a play at you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately no - it was my first round at the table and I was just taking a stab at 2/4.

[ QUOTE ]
I would call the turn, and if he leads the river, fold ui.

MP3 is adding to the pot, which is decent size, so I think you can peel one on the turn, and fold river ui.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I did. Luckily the river missed me - turned out villian had A3 for 2 pair.

car ramrod
05-18-2005, 11:16 AM
How's 2/4 going for you, I have taken a couple stabs at it, doesn't seem to be too tough. Got to get used to the higher stakes, still not comfrontable yet.

Did you play 1/2 6 max, that game is so great.

chris_a
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
4 outs is probably being nice considering the turn bettor is representing a weak Ace, and considering MP3 called the bet already.

I would say closer to 3 outs. You need the pot to be about 15 bets to make this call. Clear fold.

deception5
05-18-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How's 2/4 going for you, I have taken a couple stabs at it, doesn't seem to be too tough. Got to get used to the higher stakes, still not comfrontable yet.

Did you play 1/2 6 max, that game is so great

[/ QUOTE ]

I took my first stab at it today for about 30 mins, down 22BB but I felt like I played decently. It was definitely more aggressive than 1/2 full ring and I'm still trying to get used to the stakes as well /images/graemlins/wink.gif (those big stacks of blue are intimidating!)

1/2 6-max is really fun - I've been playing that and 5-max at paradise (clearing a bonus over there) and have been doing reasonably well. Sometimes I get too aggressive but I feel like I've improved quite a bit. It's amazing how much I feel it has helped my full ring game play but occasionally I have to stop myself from raising in early position when I realize I'm in a full ring game! Played about 2k 1/2 full ring for about 6BB/100 so far and around the same number at 5/6-max at around 3BB/100.

deception5
05-18-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
4 outs is probably being nice considering the turn bettor is representing a weak Ace, and considering MP3 called the bet already.

I would say closer to 3 outs. You need the pot to be about 15 bets to make this call. Clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think you are right. Not to mention that mp3 cold called 2 on the flop.

btspider
05-18-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think you are right. Not to mention that mp3 cold called 2 on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

we can't improve and have the flop flush draw hit tho. what are you putting a cold-caller on that makes you not believe in our outs?

do we think a PF limper has AK or AQ? A3 and a set are about the only hands that discount our outs.

I wouldn't mind a turn call here.

chris_a
05-18-2005, 06:17 PM
My bad. I miscalculated. For some reason I was thinking that someone having an Ace made our Kings dead.

This hand is probably worth about 4-5 outs. Probably good enough for an overcall in this pot, since you ar eclosing the action.