PDA

View Full Version : AKs in 20+2 SNG

burgi
05-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi,
this is my first post in this part of the forum, and I have a question about a hand I played today at a 20+2 SNG at Party. It was early in the tournament, when the following hand came up.

15/30 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL)

Table Table 13810 (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Oskartheone (800)
Seat 2: RolieB3433 (745)
Seat 3: MrSTwister (1645)
Seat 4: daniel21us (785)
Seat 5: StoltHD (675)
Seat 6: ctatny (580)
Seat 7: missy2shoes (745)
Seat 8: JerryTee (745)
Seat 9: burgi (800)
Seat 10: bluemoody01 (480)
missy2shoes posts small blind (10)
JerryTee posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to burgi [ Ah, Kh ]
burgipoker raises (75) to 75
bluemoody01 folds.
Oskartheone calls (75)
RolieB3433 folds.
MrSTwister folds.
daniel21us folds.
StoltHD folds.
ctatny folds.
missy2shoes folds.
JerryTee calls (60)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2d, 7h, Jh ]
JerryTee checks.
burgi bets (115)
Oskartheone calls (115)
JerryTee raises (670) to 670
JerryTee is all-In.

What should I do in this situation? Call or fold? Help would be appreciated.
Also, let me know if I need to edit out the players names in the hand history above and I'll do so.

sng-sam
05-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Burgi:

welcome to the forum. You and I seem to play a lot. To post a hand history use the hand converter found at:

http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

As for this hand the check raise all in is scary. with 2 people to act he at LEAST has AJ JJ or is on a stone cold bluff. If this was my hand I'd fold here and whine about it a WHOLE bunch on this forum. It is a monster draw assuming none of your outs have been counterfeited. I'm curious what others say.

burgi
05-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Hi,
thanks for your help. I'm trying to figure out the hand converter and was just wondering if you could tell me what info I need to input into the input box. I have tried several things, but it always tells me that the format is not recognized. From the party hand history, which info do I need to input?
Thanks,

burgi

sng-sam
05-18-2005, 10:05 AM
start with game # xxxx and copy all the way to the end of the hand. the past it into the converter. press refresh? I think? and then copy the text out of the right box and paste it into the forum.

zambonidrivr
05-18-2005, 10:07 AM
fold

burgi
05-18-2005, 10:10 AM
thanks! it now worked. I never included the hand number. Unfortunately, I can no longer edit my original post, but I'll know better next time!

pooh74
05-18-2005, 12:59 PM
This is NOT a clear fold. I would say there is a about a 50% chance you're looking a set in the face, in which case you need to discount some outs.

In early game scenarios I like to look at these calls from a purely chip equity standpoint. Not that I like to exploit the slightest of edges, but if I find myself in a situation I may be resigned to take it.

So, you are getting 2-1 or so on your money if caller folds. If JerryT has a set, youre flush might end up being no good and obviously your overcards are already rotten. So what could actually be 15 clean outs turns into say only 7 or 8. Thats IF you are against a set and IF facing only one opponent. Roughly, I'd say the odds you are getting are about even with your chances of winning this hand.

I'd fold.

burgi
05-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi,
ok, here is what I did. I called! I thought about it long and hard, but decided that the EV is about +/-, but that having doubled up early on will really help with the rest of the tourney!

So, I called and both our cards were shown:

Villain has QJo, so basically a pair of Jacks with Queen kicker.

Turn is a King, which means that I'm already ahead.
River is the 3h, meaning that I also made my flush!

Thanks for the advice and it's good to know that it wasn't only a tough hand for me!

burgi

pooh74
05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
ok, here is what I did. I called! I thought about it long and hard, but decided that the EV is about +/-, but that having doubled up early on will really help with the rest of the tourney!

So, I called and both our cards were shown:

Villain has QJo, so basically a pair of Jacks with Queen kicker.

Turn is a King, which means that I'm already ahead.
River is the 3h, meaning that I also made my flush!

Thanks for the advice and it's good to know that it wasn't only a tough hand for me!

burgi

[/ QUOTE ]

remember that this is the best situation you could expect and if seeing his cards you SHOULD call this. But like I said, barring a bluff this is the best case scenario.

burgi
05-18-2005, 05:25 PM
yes, ok! I think I understand that. So, basically, I got somewhat lucky that he tried to pull the stunt like that because against a set, I would have been a big dog.
Thanks again for the help. I'm slowly learning!