PDA

View Full Version : Morning games suck

Eevee
05-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeah they do.

-EV

darydarling
05-18-2005, 11:49 AM
I agree. I only play the lower limit sngs and find that daytimes are much more tighter.
I see more often during the day times 7-8 people still in the game at $50/$100 which kind of makes it hard to steal blinds when you're having 2-3 limpers still hanging around.

My prime time seems to be after 10pm pst. Games seem much looser.

Karak567
05-18-2005, 11:55 AM
My ROI at night is a lot higher than my daytime ROI. But my daytime ROI is still high enough to justify playing.

I find it gets a lot easier to steal on the bubble during the day, though, since the players are so much tighter.

Maulik
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
you'll become a better player for playing better players

Voltron87
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
they don't suck, you just have to use different strategies than when you play against loose/ foolish nighttime opponents.

Sidekick
05-18-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you'll become a better player for playing better players

[/ QUOTE ]

Or go broke quicker. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Most people do have lower ROI during the day because players are tighter, but that creates other opportunities for you as well.

Playing against stronger opponents will cause your ROI to drop, but I like playing during the day as well because it forces me to be able to play different styles. After playing during the day when someone at a night time game whines about how 'tight' the table is, I can just laugh at their delima.

Every game is an opportunity to learn and improve.

Ryendal
05-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Wow, sorry guys, but do you know that States are not the center of the world ?????

Maulik
05-18-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, sorry guys, but do you know that States are not the center of the world ?????

[/ QUOTE ]

what?

Ryendal
05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for such answer. I guess you had a hard time to try to understand what I said. May be you took at least 1 second ...

Well the morning somewhere is the night somewhere else etc ...

Scuba Chuck
05-18-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES IT IS

stupidsucker
05-18-2005, 12:17 PM
I want to move to the perfect time zone, so I can wake up and play 9am-6pm with an hour luch break as if it were 2pm-11pm PST.

Hawaii is getting close, but Im sure its too expensive there.

bennies
05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
On party poker it is...

(Go to an art museum and it's a different story...)

jah0550
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
canada sucks. late.

Atropos
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Europe sucks. I'm 7 hours after Partypoker time - only the toughest games for me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

GeorgiaPoker
05-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Move to Honolulu. Not too expensive. Gas is cheaper than California. Milk is way more expensive though.

Scuba Chuck
05-18-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Move to Honolulu. Not too expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that true? I thought Hawaii was expensive to live?

Dogsballs lives in Hawaii, we should ask him.

GeorgiaPoker
05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
I was just out there on business for ten days. Nothing really seemed very expensive, (food, drinks, etc.) but I was not paying rent/mortgage out there either. That may be where it gets expensive.

raptor517
05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
what is 9am like? holla

Big Limpin'
05-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Fiji

Apathy
05-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
canada sucks. late.

[/ QUOTE ]

pardon?

Blarg
05-18-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to move to the perfect time zone, so I can wake up and play 9am-6pm with an hour luch break as if it were 2pm-11pm PST.

Hawaii is getting close, but Im sure its too expensive there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Hawaii. It is very expensive. Almost everyone leaves after high school because the jobs are all low paying since everyone on the planet wants to live there(huge competition for jobs = terrible wages) and that's combined with insanely high real estate prices because everyone wants to live there(Americans sure, but also enormous buying sprees by Japanese snatching up properties at insane prices all over the islands). And also high cost of living, because everything has to be shipped overseas and not much food and such is produced locally.

Hawaii is a great place to be a kid and a retiree, but it's pretty rough anywhere in the middle. Seems most Hawaiians wind up living in Oregon or something. They want to still be someplace very natural, clean and beautiful; quality of life counts for a lot more than pure bucks.

Blarg
05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Fruit and vegetables and meat are more expensive, and much less fresh. It's much easier to get a non-mushy, tasty peach or orange or ear of corn on the mainland. Canned goods are more expensive. Things that you use every day, not the things you would use on vacation, are more expensive -- pots and pans, pants, furniture polish, etc. ... the mundane things of living. But it's mostly produce and big appliances where you'll notice it most glaringly. Clothes too, often.

burgi
05-18-2005, 07:20 PM
same here! And I'm too lazy to wake up at 8am our time to play against all the drunks living on the West Coast of the US (we are 9 hours ahead of West Coast)

mlee
05-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Housing is much more expensive here. Gas is slightly higher than in California. It gets much more expensive if you don't live on the main island (Oahu). Most goods are more expensive than the mainland since almost everything has to either be flown over here or take the long, slow, boat ride over.

Blarg
05-18-2005, 08:13 PM
I sure do miss Oahu's Chinatown bakeries and the fresh papaya, guavas, and mango. Papayas especially really change taste if you don't eat them within half an hour of picking them; the ones here on the mainland taste like cardboard in comparison.

mlee
05-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Yes, I have a few papaya trees in my backyard. Can't eat the store bought ones anymore. Because we can ripen them on the tree they are much sweeter. The ones sold in the store usually have to be picked before they are ripe because of bugs getting to them.

valenzuela
05-18-2005, 08:50 PM
or you can go to bed at 4 am and wake up at 2pm( perfect time for me)

Blarg
05-18-2005, 08:55 PM
It's like that here on the mainland with corn. I always used to think that the term "sweet corn" was just plain weird. I loved corn, but didn't think of it as sweet, not until I had fresh picked corn over at my grandmother's house on the east coast. It really was sweet -- super delicious, totally unlike the corn I had growing up in Hawaii and elsewhere in the pacific. Supposedly it's like papaya in that it tastes way different a half hour after you pick it.

I gotta start growing tomatoes again or something. That's another vegetable that tastes totally different home grown from the flavorless mush you get in supermarkets.