PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to Adjusting Opponents

durron597
05-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Hypothetical, yet typical situation.

$50+5 SnG on Party. For the first three levels, Villian played exactly two hands. One of which he raised in MP and took down the blinds, and the other of which he raised, got reraised, reraised allin, and doubled though with his AA vs. QQ. All in all he seems like a tight, solid player. You also managed to accumulate an approx. 2 buyin stack, and there are 7 players total remaining. Stacks range from about 2k to about 600, no really tiny stacks though.

First hand of level 4 (50/100 for those who don't know). You are UTG with two crap cards. It's folded to Villian in the CO, who raises to 275, and takes down the blinds. Very next hand (your BB), it's folded to him again in the CO-1, and he raises to 275 again. You look down and see A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. What is your action?

The point of this question is basically to see how quickly we should react to a seeming-loosening up to a Villian who played quite tight in the first three levels.

GoldenHorde
05-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Fold - If your stack is 2k at the 50/100 lvl you have no reason to tangle with him to try and win 425 chips especially with A-10. If he really is ramping up his aggression it will be even more apparent as time goes on and assuming you don't lose a bunch of chips will still have FE to re-pop him later when its more significant.

shejk
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I love calling and taking the pot on the flop against this kind of opponent.

pooh74
05-18-2005, 11:46 AM
What's hero's stack? I would fold if my stack was reasonable. (maybe even if it wasnt)