PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobli

The Dude
05-18-2005, 06:48 AM
I'm beginning to hate him for the same reasons I hated John Stockton.

JaBlue
05-18-2005, 06:49 AM
because he's white and ugly? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Phoenix1010
05-18-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hated John Stockton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate.

billyjex
05-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Funny, I'm beginning to hate the Spurs much the same way I hated the Jazz. Why, not really sure. I just like to hate.

JaBlue
05-18-2005, 06:58 AM
I too hate the spurs without knowing why

The Dude
05-18-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Blatant flopping. All the fricking time.

JaBlue
05-18-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Many players flop. How he flails around desperately looking for calls on offense irks me more than his defense, although the phantom elbow when he was rubbing his nose and [censored] even after he didn't get the call really pissed me off.

The Dude
05-18-2005, 07:04 AM
He does it every fricking play, and it's so absurdly blatant that it's ridiculous. I don't know how the refs don't catch on.

Vince Young
05-18-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm a Spurs fan and think he's a disgrace.

jakethebake
05-18-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I too hate the spurs without knowing why

[/ QUOTE ]

They're in the NBA. Why wouldn't you hate them?

nolanfan34
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm beginning to hate him for the same reasons I hated John Stockton.

[/ QUOTE ]

You posted this at nearly 4 am? You were really stewing over this, weren't you!

I still think your point is valid. The playoffs are hard to watch with the way the refs call the games.

andyfox
05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
Stockton was ugly?

andyfox
05-18-2005, 12:12 PM
I think it must be the free-throw shooting. If they shot 75% from the line, they'd never lose a game.

hicherbie
05-18-2005, 12:13 PM
manu is a beast, i love watching the guy play.

andyfox
05-18-2005, 12:15 PM
His Disgracefulness saved their bacon last night. 6 of 9 from 2-point range, 4 of 6 from 3-point range, and 15 of 17 from the line.

ononimo
05-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Ginobli is the perfect example of a player you'd LOVE to have on YOUR team but DESPISE when he's playing for anyone else.

I respect his talent and his tenacious and fearless style of play but the dirty style of play from Ginobli, Duncan, and Bowen and the way the Spurs get the benefit of nearly every call has cancels all that out.

Schneids
05-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Spurs > Sonics

istewart
05-18-2005, 12:41 PM
And Fortson is the perfect example of an NBA player that should be tortured in public.

nolanfan34
05-18-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spurs > Sonics

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, good analysis. Who are you, Stephen A. Smith?

wayabvpar
05-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I couldn't agree more with The Dude. Ginobili is a douchebag. He can go back to Argentina and flop on the soccer pitch (not that it belongs there either, but at least they cna penalize someone for flopping).

Aces McGee
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
This thread is right on.

What's really frustrating is that when he's playing well offensively, he can be an absolute joy to watch. But I can't stand watching him because of all the flopping.

-McGee

ethan
05-18-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He does it every fricking play, and it's so absurdly blatant that it's ridiculous. I don't know how the refs don't catch on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reggie Miller's been playing for something like 20 years, and they never caught on to him.

B Dids
05-18-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And Fortson is the perfect example of an NBA player that should be tortured in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching Danny and Bowen pretty close, becaue people have drawn a lot of comparisons between them.

Danny is VERY physical and agressive. He hits hard and over and is constantly grabbing and pulling for position in the post. He does not, however, take cheap shots.

Bowen throws little elbows into Ray. Bowen sees that Danny and Manu are about to fall over, knocks them both down and then turns and points at Danny for the the foul (which shocking, the refs got halfway right and called it a double foul).

Bowen's just an [censored] of a player (and he got into Ray's head, which makes me annoyed at Ray).

Ginobli's flopping is a joke. If the NBA refs weren't like the worst people at any job ever, he'd never get a call.

The Dude
05-18-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fortson is more guilty of flopping than the average NBA player, that much is true. However, he has many more non-fouls called against him because of his reputation than he draws by flopping. Tons more.

I'm glad to hear so many people in this thread agreeing with me, because the way the refs continue to call games and announcers continue to kiss his flopping ass, I was beginning to think I was the only one who saw it.

stabn
05-18-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew that's what this thread would be about. I [censored] hated stockton.

SomethingClever
05-18-2005, 05:41 PM
He may flop, but he is one hell of a player. Unlike that tard Bowen.

tbach24
05-18-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He may flop, but he is one hell of a player. Unlike that tard Bowen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bowen is a top 5 defender in the NBA. Stop drinking the haterade.

The Dude
05-18-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ginobli is the perfect example of a player you'd LOVE to have on YOUR team but DESPISE when he's playing for anyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I don't like having Jeff Nelson on the Mariners, because he's an [censored]. I would hate to have Ginobli on the Sonics, because he is the personification of cheap basketball.

[ QUOTE ]
I respect his talent and his tenacious and fearless style of play but...

[/ QUOTE ]
No, no, no, no. There's no doubt John Stockton was also very talented. But the cheap flailing they consistenlty employ removes every inkling of respect I have for them.

J.R.
05-18-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

without TD, mohammed, nesterovic and horry all providing help? its easy to play D when you don't really have to really sweat getting beat of the dribble. look how many carmello put up in the last 2 games of that nugs spurs series with bowen guarding him AND a double comming every touch AND the big trees defending the basket. and melo's not really that good, yet.

J.R.
05-18-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm suprised nobody mentioned the elbows or the right arm on offense as well.

tbach24
05-18-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

without TD, mohammed, nesterovic and horry all providing help? its easy to play D when you don't really have to really sweat getting beat of the dribble. look how many carmello put up in the last 2 games of that nugs spurs series with bowen guarding him AND a double comming every touch AND the big trees defending the basket. and melo's not really that good, yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, he was #3 in the NBA defensive player of the year award. Also, lots of guards complain bitterly about him guarding them because he's physical, when in reality he's just doing a great job. See Ray Allen for an example.

___SK___
05-18-2005, 05:56 PM
hatred shows respect!! go spurs!!

J.R.
05-18-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he was #3 in the NBA defensive player of the year award. Also, lots of guards complain bitterly about him guarding them because he's physical, when in reality he's just doing a great job

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, that's my point. he can play in your face because the spurs defensive philosophy ensures there will always be big men guarding the basket looking to help him when he gets beat off the dribble, thus he can play very physically and not sweat the dribble penatration. he gets beat off the dribble all the time but TD (and to a lesser extent the others) are so good at defending the basket that few can finish and a lot of times people settle for jump shots becuase of the big men, thus allowing bowen's in your face defense to look good.

Bowen is soooo overrated its not even funny, its his team and his coach that make him look good and garner him votes for D player of the year. he is a one dimensional defender made to look better than he is by others. put him on a team without multiple doiminant low post defenders (not weak side shot blockers but big trees who block/alter shots and are a physical presence between the dribbler and the basket) and see how bad he looks, he'll have to respect the dribble and thus be unable to play "in your face physical baseketball".

SomethingClever
05-18-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he is the personification of cheap basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this is just wrong. Admittedly, I haven't seen these last few games, but I've watched him play a lot before.

IMO, aside from any flopping, he plays the game the way it was meant to be played.

Ask ThaSaltCracka or Dr. Klopek... I am qualified to make this statement because I pwn at basketball.

The Yugoslavian
05-18-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBB BBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

[/ QUOTE ]

-- Charles Barkley every night on TNT

Yugoslav

Supersetoy
05-18-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't hate him. But if hating him means that Sonics turn this series around (highly unlikely).

Then...GO SONICS. I'll be at Game 6 on Thursday. Look for me on TNT. 14 rows up behind the Spurs bench (as if any of you know what I look like).

___SK___
05-18-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate him. But if hating him means that Sonics turn this series around (highly unlikely).

Then...GO SONICS. I'll be at Game 6 on Thursday. Look for me on TNT. 14 rows up behind the Spurs bench (as if any of you know what I look like).

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll be the one with the pom poms, we'll see you!!

college_boy
05-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Isn't the problem with the refs then? Manu is taking advantage of the terrible officiating. I don't see the problem with it.

istewart
05-18-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, he was #3 in the NBA defensive player of the year award. Also, lots of guards complain bitterly about him guarding them because he's physical, when in reality he's just doing a great job. See Ray Allen for an example.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a dirty player. There is no debate about it. He is also a great defender, but that doesn't change anything.

The Dude
05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Spurs fan and think he's a disgrace.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you, by the way.

SCfuji
05-18-2005, 06:43 PM
it is because they win. and they do it in such a quiet, smug fashion.

Supersetoy
05-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Refs or not, we got beat, and beat BAD last night.

The problem with us: Injuries.

Injuries mean we run 3 guards, and lack in size.

What does this mean? A difference of about TWENTY SECOND CHANCE POINTS FROM US NOT BEING ABLE TO REBOUND.

Also, weak side help is non-existant when we've got 2 big men against their 3.

What does this mean? NAZR MOHAMMED GOES OFF FOR A CAREER PLAYOFF HIGH 19 POINTS. (I think)

Screw the refs. Everyone concentrates on them. The best team won last night, and the best team will win this series. (I'd recommend putting your money on the Spurs...even as a die-hard Sonics fan).

I feel so helpless... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThaSaltCracka
05-18-2005, 07:54 PM
[censored] THAT DAMN ARGETENIAN FAGGOT.

Sooga
05-18-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spurs > Sonics

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if he were Stephen A. Smith he'd say SPURS > SONICS

nolanfan34
05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spurs > Sonics

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if he were Stephen A. Smith he'd say SPURS > SONICS

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, plus there's be a bunch of exclamation points, then a dig at Greg Anthony.

ThaSaltCracka
05-18-2005, 08:05 PM
QUIT BEING PROPOSTEROUS SCOTT, CLEARLY ANY SANE PERSON CAN SEE THAT SEATTLE IS JUST GETTING SCREWED BY THE REFS. ATROCIOUS ACTIONS BY THE REFS, SIMPLY EMBARRASSING BEHAVIOR FROM THE NBA OFFICIATING CREW, I MEAN I CAN'T BELIEVE THESE PEOPLE ARE EVEN ALLOWED OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, Steve, we are off the air, been off for 5 minutes.

I KNOW I JUST LIKE HEARING MYSELF TALK!!!!!!!!!!NOW AS I WAS SAYING.....