PDA

View Full Version : TPTK shorthanded

wheelz
05-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Hello all,

I was a strictly shorthanded limit player, but a short while ago I got the urge to play some NL cash games for a change. So I lurked here a bit, learned a lot, and now am doing quite well at the NL tables... but I still feel like I'm just running well and know I could use a lot of work. So if I post some hands that are boring/standard/horribly played, please bear with me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm pretty clueless about a lot of the fundamentals in NL play.

Anyways, I haven't been at this table for very long, but I know the villain. He's a fairly straightforward TAG. He knows I'm also solid but not as straightforward. Only other thing of note is that in the little while at this table, after calling a PFR in the blinds, I've check/folded, check/raised, checked/potted the turn after the flop was checked through, but this is the first time I lead out.

Online (not Party), $4 BB (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($397)
Hero ($643)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $12, BB calls $10.

Flop: ($42) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $80</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: ($202) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($202) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>

Comments on any street desparately needed.

thabadguy
05-18-2005, 07:47 AM
I dont like the turn check.

RoboRob
05-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Did he have Q T? or pocket tens?

Huskiez
05-18-2005, 10:41 AM
I think your play is fine.

I more often than not reraise preflop but mix it up with calling.

I like the flop play.

Turn I like for pot control reasons.

River I think is good as long as you blocking bet with some super hands as well. Is Villain the type to raise a suspected block with a missed hand?

wheelz
05-18-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Villain the type to raise a suspected block with a missed hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think he's capable of that. He's TAG, but a little lacking in the aggro department.

wheelz
05-18-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like the turn check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

edit: more importantly, what do you bet... i guess it's because you don't want me to give him a free card.