PDA

View Full Version : Queens against a seemingly okay player

mackthefork
05-18-2005, 06:16 AM
Here I was UTG with QQ and MP2 was my only caller we both had ~$30.

This is what happened

Mack is UTG with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif raises to $1.50
MP2 calls all others fold

flop 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Mack bets $2 MP2 raises to $4 Mack calls $2

Pot is now $11.35

Turn is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Mack checks MP2 bets $4 Mack raises to $12 MP2 calls
Pot is now $35.35

River 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Mack goes all-in for ~$11 MP2 calls.

MP2 was showing as a 22/8 after only around 40 hands so this needs to be taken lightly, but he seemed okay, he had shown that he was capable of playing back at people on the flop and still folding the turn to a bet. Any comments appreciated, try to remember we are talking Party 25NL here, not the final table of the WSOP.

Regards Mack

TreyOfLight
05-18-2005, 07:04 AM
I think an OK player is less likely to have tens or jacks here than kings or aces. I always find this kind of hand awkward to play because your opponent's hand range depends so heavily on how good he is.

I'm not crazy about getting allin at any point in this hand. On the turn, I'm not worried about draws; my aim is pot control. I'll either check-call the turn, or maybe lead for about one third to one half the pot. If he pushes, I just might fold.

Assuming the turn goes OK, a value bet on the river is called for.

piki
05-18-2005, 08:19 AM
I think you need to bet the pot on the flop. THat should define your hand better and get more of a read from Villian.

mackthefork
05-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Bump - Anything would be appreciated.

Mack

Marcotte
05-18-2005, 12:31 PM
You don't say how many players, but even 10 handed, what are you afraid of? AA and KK re-raise you before the flop so the only thing that beats you is 77 and one instance of 22. I say re-raise the flop to about $8 or $10. Failing that, get it all in on the turn. I think you are ahead far more often than not, unless the Commerce $100 players are online now. (They love slowplaying their Aces.)