PDA

View Full Version : JJ - Bubble

Backstabr
05-18-2005, 04:19 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1518)
Button (t3167)
SB (t1090)
Hero (t2225)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button bets [t3167] allin, SB calls [t1090] t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t300) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t300) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t300) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t300

Bad fold?

Maulik
05-18-2005, 04:26 AM
there is a similar thread here, I call some fold.

curtains
05-18-2005, 04:27 AM
I would definitely call. Don't forget you have to come in last place to be eliminated out of the money. Also if you lose to shortstack, but come in 2nd in the hand, you still win chips.

There is very little chance the big stack has JJ beat or is even a coinflip, I think folding is terrible+ way too tight.

DasLeben
05-18-2005, 04:31 AM
I absolutely call this. What place are you playing for?

curtains
05-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Btw I dont like the whole "what place are you playing for routine". Sometimes it simply makes sense to play for 3rd place. Here of course you should call because you will win more money in the long run doing this, but not because you are "playing for first place".

If you always played solely for first, it would cost you a lot of money. For instance if you had like 1500 chips , and the Button and SB both had 1600, this is probably a very clear fold.

The Setup
05-18-2005, 06:17 AM
I’d call, Button has raised 15BB which is a big overbet. I think you can safely rule out a big pocket pair cause I don't think he overbets here with that hand.

SB has called so A10+ ,pocket pair possibly even a hand like KQ,KJ are likely.I like the gamble here as JJ is a premium hand and this seems like a good spot to stuck them in. Remember SB has less chips than you so third place is guaranteed and winning this hand cripples the button and puts you in a great position to win the tourament with a nice chiplead.

curtains
05-18-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I’d call, Button has raised 15BB which is a big overbet. I think you can safely rule out a big pocket pair cause I don't think he overbets here with that hand.

SB has called so A10+ ,pocket pair possibly even a hand like KQ,KJ are likely.I like the gamble here as JJ is a premium hand and this seems like a good spot to stuck them in. Remember SB has less chips than you so third place is guaranteed and winning this hand cripples the button and puts you in a great position to win the tourament with a nice chiplead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Third place is not guaranteed if Small stack wins the hand, and button ends up with 2nd best hand.

EasilyFound
05-18-2005, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you always played solely for first, it would cost you a lot of money. For instance if you had like 1500 chips , and the Button and SB both had 1600, this is probably a very clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, you would not call if both players had you covered and you were not short stacked. You call in this example because you can still lose to the short stack and win chips if you beat the big stack. But if both have you covered, you would still lose chips in that scenario. Is that the idea?

curtains
05-18-2005, 07:54 AM
Well also you can lose the hand to the big stack, and still get 3rd place. There are a lot of reasons, It's just that the argument of "what place are you playing for?", would be a foolish argument to make in the counter scenario that I gave. I don't consciously think about playing for 1st place, I just think about doing the right thing over and over.

EasilyFound
05-18-2005, 08:00 AM
Okay. Now I think I understand what you are saying.