PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

WSUchica
05-18-2005, 04:01 AM
Just got back from a special early viewing of Star Wars because a couple of my friends know the owner of a huge movie theater. I was one of less than twenty people that got to watch it, and actually I was quite amused! I have never seen Star Wars so I have heard about the costume fans, but have never experienced them. I laughed so hard through the entire movie just at the audience alone, they were all just enthralled through the whole thing...I had to ask, any of you guys diehard Star Wars fans? I mean the movie was good, but I don't understand the extreme adoration of this series?! One guy actually stood up before the movie and threatened to "kick some ass" if anyone's cell phone went off during the movie. Wow

thatpfunk
05-18-2005, 04:03 AM
Yes, I wear my full Darth Vader costume to class everyday.

Popinjay
05-18-2005, 04:07 AM
You've got to watch the original trilogy to understand why so many people are huge fans. I am one of them

WSUchica
05-18-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You've got to watch the original trilogy to understand why so many people are huge fans. I am one of them

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I've heard that, after watching this I actually may be motivated to actually go out and see those

Russ McGinley
05-18-2005, 04:19 AM
You're not going to become a huge Star Wars fan watching the originals NOW. You needed to watch them when you were like 14 or younger.

bholdr
05-18-2005, 04:32 AM
triumph and star wars fans (http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx)

thatpfunk
05-18-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But there is a drastic difference between being a "huge fan" and being someone obsessed enough to dress up and waste weeks waiting outside for a movie.

loudog
05-18-2005, 07:23 AM
mayeb to celebrate i can invade your black hole?

jakethebake
05-18-2005, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're not going to become a huge Star Wars fan watching the originals NOW. You needed to watch them when you were like 14 or younger.

[/ QUOTE ]

14? If you got wrapped up in this when you were 14 there was never any hope for you. Had you not discovered girls yet?

jakethebake
05-18-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You've got to be a completely pathetic nerd with no hope of ever coming in close physical proximity with a member of the opposite sex and watch the original trilogy to understand why so many almost-people are huge fans. I am one of them

[/ QUOTE ]

Dangergirl
05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
It's actually pretty fun to go see the movie on it's opening weekend. The costumes and the fans make it entertaining. The time I went to see Episode I, there were people cheering and dancing LOL. I've never seen this happen in a movie.

jakethebake
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's actually pretty fun to go see the movie on it's opening weekend. The costumes and the fans make it entertaining. The time I went to see Episode I, there were people cheering and dancing LOL. I've never seen this happen in a movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not arguing against that. But there's a distinct difference between going to see the weirdos and actually being one yourself.

IndieMatty
05-18-2005, 11:08 AM
I love this sketch. Good work.

WSUchica
05-18-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, so true. It was much more entertaining to go with all of these guys (and one other girl) they ran up the stairs and down the hall to the movie and were acting out scenes from previous movies during the previews. Good thing I had them...otherwise how would I have known what happened in the previous movies?!

razor
05-18-2005, 12:37 PM
this post is awesome!

razor
05-18-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I've heard that, after watching this I actually may be motivated to actually go out and see those

[/ QUOTE ]

don't bother, they weren't good when they came out and they didn't age well...

of course, I'm not a complete dork so that might explain my dislike for these movies.

samjjones
05-18-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't bother, they weren't good when they came out and they didn't age well...

of course, I'm not a complete dork so that might explain my dislike for these movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't sell yourself short...

slickpoppa
05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who has never seen this needs to watch it

samjjones
05-18-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Which one of those buttons calls your mom to pick you up?"

crownjules
05-18-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
of course, I have no imagination so that might explain my dislike for these movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Why lay on the hate? I liked the movies a lot, grew up as a kid watching them. That makes me (and others like me) a dork?

tinga81
05-18-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
of course, I have no imagination so that might explain my dislike for these movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Why lay on the hate? I liked the movies a lot, grew up as a kid watching them. That makes me (and others like me) a dork?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, you should embrace your innerdorkness, and be proud to take a stand as a dork.

I'll be at the show at midnight tonight, I guess I'm a dork too! (and proud)

Duke
05-18-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just got back from a special early viewing of Star Wars because a couple of my friends know the owner of a huge movie theater. I was one of less than twenty people that got to watch it, and actually I was quite amused! I have never seen Star Wars so I have heard about the costume fans, but have never experienced them. I laughed so hard through the entire movie just at the audience alone, they were all just enthralled through the whole thing...I had to ask, any of you guys diehard Star Wars fans? I mean the movie was good, but I don't understand the extreme adoration of this series?! One guy actually stood up before the movie and threatened to "kick some ass" if anyone's cell phone went off during the movie. Wow

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like it if people got their asses kicked for a cell phone going off during any movie.

As for liking the movies, you need an imagination.

~D

Lawrence Ng
05-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oddjob
05-18-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yah to be able to imagine these movies were good.

masse75
05-18-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever go to Rocky Horror? Plenty of dancing there. At least those people are willing to admit they're losers.

The Stranger
05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I know a dude who is basically a pioneer of the Rocky Horror phenomenon. He had been performing various characters and creating different theme nights for almost twenty years. This is a direct quote from him: "This movie sucks."

diddle
05-18-2005, 07:10 PM
i'm looking forward to the movie but I still think this review is hilarious:

new yorker review (http://www.newyorker.com/critics/cinema/articles/050523crci_cinema)