PDA

View Full Version : $30+3 folded to SB ... pusH?

Maulik
05-17-2005, 11:54 PM
50/100 blinds went up this hand. folded to me...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t540)
Hero (t470)
BB (t2100)
UTG (t750)
MP (t2390)
CO (t1750)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls t370.

Flop: (t520) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t520) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t520) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t520

GoldenHorde
05-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Fold - If the BB had a stack that you were any sort of threat to this would be an any two spot, but he has a big stack and his calling range becomes HUGE so your pushing range should become much smaller. I would actually prefer pushing with 2-3 next hand as the big stack isn't closing the action and you have some FE with that the 750 stack.

gasgod
05-18-2005, 12:01 AM
I think the blinds aren't high enough to justify a push with 32.

Did you push and win?

GG

pergesu
05-18-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the blinds aren't high enough to justify a push with 32.

[/ QUOTE ]
He has 450 chips. The blinds are high enough to justify pushing any two cards.

Except when you've got gigantostack directly to your left who is probably calling everything under the sun.

Sucks balls, but you're in a situation where you gotta pray for a double/triple up, not steal blinds.

Newt_Buggs
05-18-2005, 12:06 AM
its a very marginal play. With any sort of read that he is tight I push this. Otherwise, depending on the table I might fold and hope for something better the next two hands.

with the BB calling range of 22+,A2+,K2+,Q9+ this is +.3%
some players at a $30 will have a much tighter range than this, some will have a much looser IMO

gasgod
05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
You're right. I should have mentioned the size of BB's stack, which is important here.

GG

microbet
05-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Right on the border. Hope you have a read. If not, well, the difference between pushing and folding is a few cents.

Your future FE doesn't look too good. Next hand may be a good shot, but how likely are you to get to be first in on the next hand?

pergesu
05-18-2005, 12:09 AM
No way man...calling range is *. 350 more chips (which doesn't hurt BB's stack one bit), and the smallie pushing when it passes to him? There's like a .2% chance I fold from the BB here. I need the stone-cold antinuts to even consider folding...and I'm not sure you can have the stone-cold antinuts preflop.

Scuba Chuck
05-18-2005, 12:11 AM
Come on man, is there any reads? How did BB end up with his monster stack? Is he a loose player? Very often big stacks early have attained their chips through loose/stupid play.

Your post lacks enormous context. I refrain from voting. Without any reads, and seeing that monster stack, I would assume a loose player, and would fold the WORST pf hand. that being said, if BS had grown his stack through a couple of battles with AA (others), pushing could be a consideration.

microbet
05-18-2005, 12:14 AM
You may call with any two here, most players won't. Some BBs will say "I'm just about in first place here. If I lose I will be in third place." Some will say "I don't play garbage like K5." Some will say, "That move works every time but the last time, moron."

Maulik
05-18-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right on the border. Hope you have a read. If not, well, the difference between pushing and folding is a few cents.

Your future FE doesn't look too good. Next hand may be a good shot, but how likely are you to get to be first in on the next hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

part of my thought process included consideration of being the only one in the pot. When I got my chance to push I wanted to be heads up with live cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Come on man, is there any reads? How did BB end up with his monster stack? Is he a loose player? Very often big stacks early have attained their chips through loose/stupid play.

Your post lacks enormous context. I refrain from voting. Without any reads, and seeing that monster stack, I would assume a loose player, and would fold the WORST pf hand. that being said, if BS had grown his stack through a couple of battles with AA (others), pushing could be a consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

He got his chips through decent play, not necessarily going to assume he's a winning player or a losing player, but certainly not seeing to many flops or doing anything unreasonable. If I thought he was going to call any two I'd fold this in a heart beat. I beleived I had a chance of taking the blinds without showing this hand down.

I needed to gamble for a shot at making it in the money here. Every pot was very important

microbet
05-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Sounds like he was tight enough. Was he? What did he call with?

Maulik
05-18-2005, 12:19 AM
K7s

microbet
05-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Obvi, that doesn't prove the push was good, but it doesn't prove it was bad.

You're not questioning this move because he went off on what a moron you are, are you?

pergesu
05-18-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You may call with any two here, most players won't. Some BBs will say "I'm just about in first place here. If I lose I will be in third place." Some will say "I don't play garbage like K5." Some will say, "That move works every time but the last time, moron."

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your calling range here?

curtains
05-18-2005, 12:28 AM
By default, if I didn't know anything about my opponent, I would lean towards pushing here. They fold a lot, especially at the lower limits.

microbet
05-18-2005, 12:38 AM
There are a lot of players that very rarely push. If he seems very tight I will need something like JT. If I think he will push with any two, I still throw out the absolute garbage, but go with like T7. If I KNEW he would go with any two, I could call down to like 95.

edit: Actually, if he is very tight JT might be a bad call.

Maulik
05-18-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obvi, that doesn't prove the push was good, but it doesn't prove it was bad.

You're not questioning this move because he went off on what a moron you are, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not get flamed by anyone which leads me to beleive K7o understood my situation.

[ QUOTE ]

By default, if I didn't know anything about my opponent, I would lean towards pushing here. They fold a lot, especially at the lower limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were my thoughts going into this hand.