PDA

View Full Version : Unique observation + question

Hotchile
12-05-2002, 05:43 AM
A player at the table loses 3 or 4 big pots in rapid succession and goes on an obvious tilting rampage. Finally, he hits a hand and drags a pot. Suddenly, the tilt seems to magically disappear and he returns to playing tighter poker but not tight aggressive. In fact, he appears to tighten up for the purpose of protecting the chips that he just won. It seems to me, that this guy is still walking the line between tight and tilt. The question is, how do you proceed against this player at this point? Are his blinds easier to steal? Will he become so timid that a check-raise bluff has a greater chance of succeeding or will he only be betting with big hands? I am wondering if anybody here has a strategy for this type of player/scenario.

Larry

riffraff
12-10-2002, 04:09 PM
If the player normally plays well then I'd play against him as if he had not gone on tilt in the first place. Often winning a big part of his losses back will magically remove the tilt factor. If he normally is easy to move off a hand with a check-raise bluff then go ahead and try it. I'd expect him to come off tilt and play his "normal" game. Game-plan vs him as you normally would.