PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have same Email for Party/Empire

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 10:31 PM
I know that if you have a Party account, you have to sign up for Empire from a different computer and use a different Email address.

My question: After you've already signed up and used both accounts, can you then change your Empire email address to be the same one that you use for Party?

I don't want to go through the hassle of signing up another POP3 email account to get my tournament summaries automatically loaded into pokertracker, but I will if I have to. Answers appreciated.

-Phoenix

Niediam
05-17-2005, 11:03 PM
I signed up with Empire a couple months ago with the SAME email that I used when I signed up for Party and have not had any problems...

Tk79
05-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Ive heard others say that once you are signed up you can change the emails to be the same as each other but I just signed up with the same address for all party skins and no problems.

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Many thanks. Do either of you use rakeback though? The email I got back from my rakeback guy said specifically:

"You cannot use the same E-mail address you have used in the past if you signed up on Party or a Party Skin. Also, you cannot use the same email account that you used for another EMPIRE account if you are now signing up your 'wife' or 'girlfriend'."

Does having the same email address affect rakeback perhaps? Does anyone know?

Niediam
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
I signed up for Party before I knew about rakeback but I have rakeback at Empire.

CrazyN8
05-18-2005, 12:07 AM
not a problem if you just had your empire account frozen! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

just get another hotmail/yahoo/g-mail account. they are free!

Phoenix1010
05-18-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not a problem if you just had your empire account frozen! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

just get another hotmail/yahoo/g-mail account. they are free!

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason Pokertracker doesn't import tournament summaries from these sites automatically, and it's a pain to import them manually. It only auto-imports from POP3 email sites, and it was a pain to set one up the first time. It would also suck to have to switch my email accounts in PT back and forth when I'm updating my database. Am I the only one who has this problem? Any SnG players here?

M.B.E.
05-18-2005, 02:41 AM
As far as I know, there is no rule against having accounts on both Empire and Party (link (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&fpart=all&Number=1214 183#Post1214183)). I signed up for Empire with the same email address I have always used at Party, with no problems.

J_B
05-18-2005, 02:44 AM
Sometimes you will need a different email address. If you receive an error where you can't signup from a clean computer, use a different email address. After you have the account you can then change it. It's uncommon but does happen.

AlexSem
05-18-2005, 03:03 AM
you will have your account frozen... then you'll have to phone them and ask wtf. They'll say same email. You'll say ok I'll change it, they'll say Ok.

You have to talk to their awful support. I don't know if it' sjust me but the accent over the phone drove me totally up the walls. Telling them my nickname alone took maybe 3 minutes each time... Jesus

bholdr
05-18-2005, 04:40 AM
i changed my empire email addy to match my party one about a month ago. no problems so far.

bubbahotep
05-18-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For some reason Pokertracker doesn't import tournament summaries from these sites automatically, and it's a pain to import them manually. It only auto-imports from POP3 email sites, and it was a pain to set one up the first time. It would also suck to have to switch my email accounts in PT back and forth when I'm updating my database. Am I the only one who has this problem? Any SnG players here?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a gmail account, there is a setting in the gmail options that will allow you to turn on POP/SMTP. You can then access your messages there just like a standard email account with a mail client or pokertracker.

WC64
05-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I signed up with the same email address and never had any problems, both my accounts are still open as well.

jba
05-18-2005, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many thanks. Do either of you use rakeback though? The email I got back from my rakeback guy said specifically:

"You cannot use the same E-mail address you have used in the past if you signed up on Party or a Party Skin. Also, you cannot use the same email account that you used for another EMPIRE account if you are now signing up your 'wife' or 'girlfriend'."

Does having the same email address affect rakeback perhaps? Does anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we have the same affiliate

I signed up for Empire under the affiliate after receiving this warning (including the wife/gf comment), using a different email than party. I tried to deposit into empire using neteller -- no go because of email mismatch. I changed my empire email to be the same as my party email. everything's cool now.

stabn
05-18-2005, 05:37 PM
All info in my party and empire accounts match exactly, including the email address, and have done so since i opened my empire account. I have had no problems with this.