PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! I'm a total calling station!!

BeerMoney
05-17-2005, 10:05 PM
New to the table, second hand played.. Had seen villain turn over garbage in the few hands I had seen played at the table. Let me know what you think.

As you all know, my favorite plays are calling, then raising, then folding.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___double bets___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

River

Seat 2: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

Michael Emery
05-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Third is right. Fourth I guess I wont really harangue you for continuing against what your telling me is a maniac. Realize however that maniacs get hands too. But all in all if this guy is really a true nutjob (the pot is somewhat large from third already) I think its ok to continue. The raise however I dont like. Were you worried about not being heads-up? The fours arent calling the $20 with fours, and I dont think seat 8 will usually have jacks here. After all, he would have probably raised third himself if he did as a limper already entered the pot in front of him. The rest (calling the garbage player down) looks right.

Mike Emery

Andy B
05-17-2005, 11:55 PM
What he said.

bigredlemon
05-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Another reason to call is that even if the two limpers behind you calls, that's not too horrible for you. It looks like they both missed, so they aren't drawing to much. It seems pretty clear that you need two pair to win it, and that will probably beat the limpers too.

If the two limpers are total calling stations and it was likely that one of them would call the double bet, would you guys agree to still call or raise?

Also, what do you guys think about folding fourth? He bets into our hero again upon hitting the ace, so it seems like our hero is very likely drawing dead, or behind a lower two pair at best. I don't even see total manics making that kind of play with just sixes at $1/$2, let alone $10/$20.