PDA

View Full Version : Closing/Reopening an Absolute Account

RunDownHouse
05-17-2005, 09:45 PM
I've seen this mentioned a couple times in this forum, and want either to hear some corroboration or get my facts straight:

is closing your Absolute account and reopening an account with rakeback really as simple as sending CS an email? They really don't care? How should the email be worded?

I'd much rather do that than explain to my girlfriend why I need to fax her ID to the lesser Antilles, or wherever*.

*Yes, she does play poker on occasion. That will help me sleep at night.

dengar
05-17-2005, 10:29 PM
I have been wondering the same thing..

Bump for you.

RunDownHouse
05-18-2005, 11:50 AM
bump for the day crowd.

grimel
05-18-2005, 11:56 AM
IF you signed up for AP via a rakeback affiliate and the process was screwed up (not an uncommon happening). Your affiliate (and/or you) can contact CS - make sure it's CS not tech non-support.

If they ok it USE IE clean it per the directions and have a new email address or it won't work.

hogua
05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
This exact thing happend to me. I tried to set up an account with rakeback, but there was a mixup and my account wasn't linked to the affiliate.

He tried to work with AP and got nowhere. I worked off a fwe reload bonuses, and then left, planning to not return, because of the rakeback issue.

A few months later, someone from AP's VIP team contacted me to offer an account specific bonus. I told him why I stopped playing at AP. He suggested that I open an new accout, and have him close the old one.

I did just that. Everything when very smooth, and now I at AP three or four times a week. (I love getting rakeback while clearing their endless stream of bonuses.)

DesignProdigy
05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
yea..i signed up with raketherake..and i think i have to contact support because i cleared $120 in bonuses so far.. which means i played 1200 hands with a rake of atleast $.25 ..this means ive produced $300 but they said i only produced like $211 or something ilke that....anything ilke this happen to anyone else?

RunDownHouse
05-18-2005, 01:19 PM
FWIW I didn't sign up under any affiliate. This isn't a "correcting a mistake" sort of thing as much as it is a "an existing player wants to start getting rakeback" thing.

hogua
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I didn't sign up under any affiliate. This isn't a "correcting a mistake" sort of thing as much as it is a "an existing player wants to start getting rakeback" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, when I worked through my issue, I was very careful to not use the word rakeback. My approach was that the affilate was my friend. He told me about AP, and I want to make sure he's rewared for his efforts.

If you talk to anyone at AP about this issue, please DO NOT mention rakeback to them. No good can come from it.

I tried to find the e-mail of the VIP club guy i worked with, but I don;t have it handy. If CS can't/wont't help.

I'd try these:

Affiliates@AbsolutePoker.com
Promotions@AbsolutePoker.com

Or at a last resort, contact the poker room manager.

Gian@AbsolutePoker.com

RunDownHouse
05-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Tonight I emailed CS and asked them to close my account, without giving any details as to why. When I get a response (assuming I'll get one asking why I quit), I'll say that a friend had originally told me about the site, but my signup got screwed up somehow, and now that I have no pending bonus I'd try again.

I'll update when I get a response, if anyone cares.

TXTiger
05-18-2005, 10:48 PM
I'd be interested to hear what they say.

dengar
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tonight I emailed CS and asked them to close my account, without giving any details as to why. When I get a response (assuming I'll get one asking why I quit), I'll say that a friend had originally told me about the site, but my signup got screwed up somehow, and now that I have no pending bonus I'd try again.

I'll update when I get a response, if anyone cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the same last night. I never got a response form them, but my account is now closed.

PuckNPoker
06-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Ddi you try reopening a new account. And if so do you now have rakeback?

TIA.

celiboy
06-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Bump

I too want to do the same thing. Signed up without rakeback and play at AP exclusively so this would be significant for me. I was thinking of sending them an honest email stating that I generate a lot of rake for them and that there are a lot of poker options out there for me where I would get rakeback. Basically they would have a choice of loosing a client or keeping one but at a reduced rake.

nsdjoe
06-08-2005, 10:50 AM
I originally signed up for AP months ago before I knew about rakeback. I only deposited $50 so I got a piddly bonus. I eventually stopped playing at the site and started playing at Party. The $500 signup bonus + non-bonus-deducted rakeback was too much to avoid, so I just opened up a new account with a different email address and emailed customer support to close my old one.

So far, no problems.