PDA

View Full Version : Flopped monster

obsidian
05-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Do you raise this PF and 3-bet the river? Villain is a decent player but a tad loose.

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Alobar
05-17-2005, 09:29 PM
I would have c/r the river.

MecosKing
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Hum! No river cap huh. Obviously worried about ATspades. Its definitely a possibility, as a QQ or KK probly (esp if he was loose) wouldve 4bet PF, and a JJ bottom set probably would slow down on the river, fearing a bigger set. He could have QQ MAYBE, if hes hopelessly weak PF and wont 4bet anything but AA or KK. But i like your play here-even though the ATspades seems like kindof an outside possibility, a set is tough to put him on because of the PF play (JJ is probly the only hand that doenst 4 bet here) and also because, while there is a time and place for slow rolling a set, this definitely aint it, because
(a) He KNOWS you more than likely have a peice of that, probly a BIG peice, like AK at least, and will give him action, and
(b) A set is just too vulnerable here, to a straight or (JJ) ending up making an underboat.

I think the only hand that you are likely up against that you can beat is 910s (not spades obv). The other likely ones are either chops or runner-runner winners.

RunDownHouse
05-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Mecos, first welcome to the forum. Second, of your responses I've read, I think you give people credit for slowing down way too fast. I don't think JJ ever lets off the gas, with the possible exception of the flop, and then only if the player was a donk worried about not getting action.

I'm trying to figure out what he's capping the turn with that has a couple spades in it. QJs or ATs in spades, I guess. He wouldn't raise T9 UTG, from the description, so let's throw that out. That leaves the two-pair hands KQ-QJ, sets, AT not of spades, and QJ and AT of spades. Did I miss anything? There's probably math involved somewhere for someone capable of doing it.

All that being said, I just call the river. If he's been paying attention at all, he knows your turn 3bet/river lead means business, but he doesn't care. This weights my read to either a set or a couple spades. We can throw out the two low sets, I think, leaving KK-JJ and the spades. The only reason to put him on a big set is if he got a bit tricky, sandbagging the early streets to pound you late. So I could maybe see one of those. But, overall, I think a river 3bet would be one of those all-risk no-reward situations, as you'll be raised or chop far more often than he'll have the set.

How'd I do?